Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting bug

3 posters

Go down

Fighting bug Empty Fighting bug

Post by ghard Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Example is the best way to illustrate this bug. Say encounter is 1 lynch, 1 wererat. Weapon is Sword of Warlond, which cannot hit lynch.

1. Target lynch, get weapon has no effect.
2. Target wererat, first swing kills wererat, remaining 3 swings hit lynch.

Looks like all 4 swings calculate hit against targeted monster, then damage is distributed regardless of if you leave the current group or not. If hit, will hit after killing all in current group on whatever monsters are left.

FYI

ghard

Back to top Go down

Fighting bug Empty Re: Fighting bug

Post by musicman Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Is that why Lilith keeps disappearing after my harm spell bounces and everyone else gets their round in (after pressing 2.)?

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks for reminding me about this one. A check for weapon immunity needs to be injected into the swing loop. Right now, it sounds like it is only working in the 'combat option' code. I'll post back here when this is fixed. There is a similar glitch with combat spells that affect multiple groups (where a slot of effectiveness can get consumed by immune creatues) that I need to address as well..
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 am

Also I wanted to add that if one monster has a very high defense and another group with only 1 in it say has a very low defense. Target the low def with multi swing weapon and you will hit for all you swings, even when you swing through to the high defense monster.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 am

Update:  I reordered the combat sequence in a manner that should address both issues (weapon immunity and defense not applying when swinging through to the next slot).  This is now live.  I have done limited testing with this..  I missed a good opportunity for a test this AM, when my Giant Boars killed the Lynch Demon before I could swing through the Wererats to try it.

I'm away this weekend--so if someone can confirm that it is working correctly I'll mark this as fixed.  Thanks for the report on this one--it's pretty important for game balance.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum