Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level 15 maps

3 posters

Go down

Level 15 maps  Empty Level 15 maps

Post by boxripper Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:36 pm

I have uncovered an issue with level 15 maps.  This might be intentional, but seems more likely that it is some sort of oversight or mistake.

The area accessible from the stairs down from 14 leads to:

1) a large loop
2) the stud/uber area
3) some traps
4) a water area that leads to the Neptune/Pontus/water spider area

If there are other exits from this area I have been unable to find any.  

I have mapped 13 and 14-- there are no other stairs down that I have found.

I can exit via ethereal portal -- but this seems not right.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Level 15 maps  Empty Re: Level 15 maps

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:29 am

That sounds a lot like the previous version of the level 15 maps, which I updated some months ago. I will check today and see if the game is somehow not using the latest files... the good news is that the last round of changes had not been a wholesale new map, but just a relatively minor rearrangement of some rooms and doors. It will most likely be this evening before something gets done-- but I will get to the bottom of this soon.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:42 am

If Windows 10 is messing with you, make sure to right click the map editor icon and 'run as administrator'. Otherwise, Windows will conjure up old data for you to edit/upload... it's really, really annoying.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:36 am

I have reviewed and reload the maps on 15.  There are exits from this area.  Later tonight I will take a party down on test (server) and make sure that the maps are functioning as I intended them to, but at this point I would say that you have either you missed something or perhaps the map as it plays in the game is somehow not the map that I have just reverse downloaded from the system.  IE  I went to the server and copied the file as it resides, compared it to what I have on my PC-- and they are identical.  --Double check yourself, I will see what is happening on test.  Then we can discuss this again.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down