Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Numerous updates

2 posters

Go down

Numerous updates Empty Numerous updates

Post by Jude Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:21 pm

We just pushed a number of updates to the live server.  Here is a list of some of the more major ones (off the top of my head):

1.  Major update to spell progression code.  Spells that gain potency with character level (damage, kill and healing) now progress according to an algorithm that is much more similar to the way things happened historically with the game.  Spell damage/healing output should have a bit more randomness rather than frequently yielding the same value.  This update should fix a lot of the weirdness we were seeing with Villain/Pally healing spells fizzling at low levels.  The update should also allow us to better tailor the progression of late blooming spells (like Villain's poison).  *NOTE*  The spell progression may need some dialing in--please report any anomalies.  

2.  We ramped up the quest function for the highest level characters.  

3.  Certain weapons now carry a backstab % adder.  This % adder only applies to guilds that can backstab.  (Thieves and Scavengers at present.)  

4.  Fire box traps now hurt companions.    

5.  Improvements to death by natural causes code.  

6.  Improvements to operator utilities.  

Since we had a rather large backlog of updates/fixes that went live with this patch, there may be a few minor things that I've forgotten in the above list...

Happy gaming,

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Numerous updates Empty Re: Numerous updates

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:23 am

I just adjusted the assortment of post level 850 quests.

Rare monsters, studs and ubers are rarer.
Some level 14 mobs are added in.
Level 15 common (or hallway) mobs are more common.

Certain "special" mobs rates have been ramped up slightly. This is intended to be a rare to very rare "stumper" quest. The %ages are still very small.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:47 pm

I further reduced the rate of uber and rare mobs among quests for post level 850.

I also added in some additional mobs from level 14.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Numerous updates Empty Economy update

Post by Jude Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 am

We just pushed an update to our economy.  The gold drop has been increased by +25% on all levels, across the board.  This affects gold from both chests and unboxed encounters.  

Other small updates, aimed more at starting players:

• All chests in the starter dungeon are now unlocked.
  • A larger percentage of the chests in the starter dungeon are untrapped.
  • Some more items have been designated as 'store stocked' items to help starting players.  

The overall aim of these updates is to get more gold into the hands of all players--those just starting out and veterans alike.  

Happy gaming!

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Some more updates--I'll call this one this 'Chutes and Ladders' update:

1. Trackers will now follow their leader to the x,y,z coordinate of a chute, even if the leader falls in. I tested this with teleporting and walking as well.

2. Improved handling of trackers on blink, facer and rotator tiles.  

3. Stairway messages no longer get erased following the defeat of monsters in a room.  

4. Random teleporter tiles should be working correctly (if they weren't before).
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down