Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fights Freeze

4 posters

Go down

Fights Freeze Empty Fights Freeze

Post by miger Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:57 am

If you do not kill all the mons in the 1st round, the screens freeze up. I had to back one char out then re-enter the game to finish the fight. This has happened repeatedly this morning.

miger

Back to top Go down

Fights Freeze Empty Re: Fights Freeze

Post by Jude Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:01 pm

I have not been able to reproduce the error as reported. Is this happening in specific areas? i.e. near stairs, teleporters, blink tiles, spinners, chutes, spinners, etc?

I just rolled back some of the recent modifications in an attempt to prevent the freezes as reported... but it's just a guess at this point.

Also, are you using the stand alone client or the web client? Knowing which version you are using makes it easier for me to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the report!
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:47 pm

I was using the stand alone client, not the web client. This freeze if you didn't kill all in the 1st round was occurring consistently on level 9 as I moved away from the chute landing at 2,13,9. Others reported the same effect was happening to them. I haven't been back yet.

If I still didn't kill all when I re-entered it would continue to re-freeze after one more round of action. The re-entery of one char would afford me one round by one char. Compans and others in party did not seem to participate in the re-entry other than the initial 1st round.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Ok.. I rolled back some of the function calls I put in place for updating party movement.

(There may have been too many, causing a loop-freeze..)

If you can try it again, and let me know if it is fixed (or not), I'd really appreciate it.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:39 pm

I had this happen to me just now-- running 7 chars on the new Uber Xmas area...

hit a scattering random TP... 2 chars died as they landed... two chars cleared their encounters quickly...3 chars got into protracted fights-- and sometime around round 2 or 3, they stopped getting swings. It appeared they were still fighting-- but the cursor never changed from the > arrow, and auto fight was not swinging. The monsters were still hitting them, but there was no display of it. I backed one char out, and when he reentered his hits went from 857 to 7, and then he died. One other char was already dead when he reentered, and the third frozen char got backed out a total of 3 times... each time once he entered he got one round of fighting in, then froze again. He made it out with 9 hits left!
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:58 pm

hrmm. Jude will have to review this one.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:07 pm

I'm on it. I'm setting up some scenarios to run on the test dungeon.. it shouldn't take too long to track the issue down. I'll report back here when it's fixed.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Hmm, I have tried for a couple of evenings on the test server to reproduce this error without success. I'm running a party into a scattering teleporter on the test server, and when scattered, my party always appears to be able to fight things down, even after many rounds of fighting.

That said, in reviewing the scatter teleporter code, I *did* find that it was missing a call to return to the main processing loop. (The code for all of the other 'objects' that move characters around in the dungeon terminate with this call.) I have added the missing call on the test server and will be pushing this to the live server the next time I find it empty. (People are in right now..)

I'm hopeful that this will fix the issue you experienced. Have you seen this multiple times? Hopefully it wasn't too annoying, and hopefully it is gone now.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:59 pm

I just pushed the code that I hope fixes this issue to the live server.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down