Participation Ribbon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Participation Ribbon

Post by miger on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 pm

The Participation Ribbon states that it adds hits, removes age, and increases all stats by one.

Following a complication ress on my character heal, I used a Participation Ribbon. It did raises hits, but did not change age nor increase any stats.

Why?

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Participation Ribbon

Post by miger on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Any action possible on receiving the full effect of using the Participation Ribbon? Didn't want to raise the con independently if the ribbon works as stated to raise stats by 1 each.

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 am

Another comp, sigh, but I am hesitant to use another Participation Ribbon until it's effect factors are corrected to do what it states it will do. Any timeline for looking at that?

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

I have reviewed the data, and tested this. It appears to be working correctly. Take a before and after screen shot, and if it is not working correctly I will fix your chars and get Jude to look into it.
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 pm

I used another Participation Ribbon (PR) and I agree that it is working as advertised (+1 all stats, +25 hits, and -3 years).

While I could have made a mistake, I still believe that only the hit factor worked on char "heal", and the age and stats gain did not do their things. I do not have screen shot proof on that 1st usage of the PR because I thought it would work properly. Only after using did I note only the hit factor changed. That's when I left the original note above.

I have used some other items on "heal" since her comp to improve some stats and reduce age mainly to avoid low ress % at reduced con level.

I will certainly live with what you decide, but is it possible it wasn't working properly before?

Mike

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm

I cannot see a reason it would work sometimes and not always, unless there is something wrong with the code. I know jake found a lot of these from Loki, before I turned down Loki's drop rate for PR... he never indicated there was any issue with the item.

I don't know what else to tell you.
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks for checking.

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:39 pm

dungeonmaster wrote:I cannot see a reason it would work sometimes and not always, unless there is something wrong with the code.  I know jake found a lot of these from Loki, before I turned down Loki's drop rate for PR...  he never indicated there was any issue with the item.  

I don't know what else to tell you.

There is a common code base that is shared by all items that modify stats, hits, age, etc.. BUT, there are some separations in the code with regards to the 'city' and the 'dungeon'. So there exists a possibility for a class of items to work in the city and not in the dungeon, but I would regard that possibility as very slight at this point. (People would have been reporting this long ago with other items that do the same things.)

Next time I'm in the game (maybe this afternoon) I will add this item to the other tests that I am going to run. I'll report back here with any findings.

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum