Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON

3 posters

Go down

BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON Empty BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON

Post by miger Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Maybe it is a factor of my relative character youth, but the incidents that eat con - stoning and draining for example - exceed the opportunities to find con in order to grow and regain that specific stat. I hope the balance improves as I grow stronger.

miger

Back to top Go down

BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON Empty Re: BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON

Post by boxripper Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:21 am

This is the classic tension in the game. In other versions, people would end up running level 3 to find stats to make up for their stat loss running deeper. Here, I don't know that level 3 is significantly better than any other level for finding stats.

I see that there is con available in the store. Scroll of Physique. Buy it. Sands of Time is also there and will deage you.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON Empty Re: BALANCE BETWEEN FINDING AND LOSING CON

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Hmmm. I adjusted the stat drop on three. I turned it up significantly. Please run some three and cash in on the stat bonanza. Here in a few days, I will review the item drop log and fine tune the stat drop to a more realistic number.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:44 pm

I spent a fair amount of time today on three.  In the first 90 minutes, I found 5 items and 1 stat.  I spent several long stretches in there where I literally found NOTHING.  

I came back this evening and ran an oversized thief around and opened a lot of boxes.  I found some stats... so that is improved, however...I wouldn't call it a stat bonanza.  Most smaller players would not have been able to wipe out every encounter like that and open a hundred boxes like I did.  

Did your changes increase the odds of finding stats on 4?  Cause I found several down there. sunny
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:53 am

Yes changes made to level 3 will have a trickle down effect when lower levels roll on that table.  The question is why is it more apparent on 4 than on 3.  Looking at the drops, it appears that many of the boxes you opened were from level 2 monsters on dungeon level 3.  However, several of your stats were from undeads, which triggers a different treasure routine.  

There is something fouled up here (most likely me) and when Jude gets back he will take a look at it.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum