Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Game change notice:

Go down

End Game change notice: Empty End Game change notice:

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:00 pm

The new Ubering system is ready for testing on the Test Server.  Level 15 had 7 separate ways to reach the various uber loops.  This has been reduced to 3, and all of them are now a bit more remote.  There are no tomb type traps in the new uber area.  Two loops have 1 uber room each, and the other has 2 uber rooms.  

We will be modifying some of the quest functions in the next few days to reduce the chances of getting quested.  Right now we feel that the function reaches too close to 100% starting about lvl 500-ish.  This was my mistake and expect that to change shortly (pending Jude's availability)

All chars that have reached level 999, are soon going to be reduced in level to 998.  Effective immediately, all characters will receive a mandatory quest for "The Ancient Enemy" at level 998.  The Ancient Enemy (TAE) resides in a special lair that can be reached via a newly uncovered special portal tucked away in a secluded area of level 15.  This opening is an optional transport (t to take) and is listed as "the shaft of nightmares."  If you are not level 998, I would advise you to not press t, should you discover this area.  Additionally, there is a non optional teleporter in the new Uber Area.  There are three warnings posted in the spaces leading up to this transport.  I suggest you do not go exploring further, unless you are prepared to enter TAE's lair.  Certain spells will not function in his lair, and other spells will not grant their full benefits.  Upon completion of this quest, and subsequent reaching level 999, the guild will grant you a special item to commemorate your achievement.  Wear it proudly. For those parties that suffer a total party wipe-out in the lair, help will be granted when requested, but penalties will be assessed.  If you are not level 998 or higher, those penalties will be severe.  You have been warned.

For those concerned that I am treating Jake Foley unfairly, be advised he fully supports this change.  I would not have demoted his characters, if he had not agreed.  This will happen when the changes go live on the main server.

One last thing.  TAE will drop an apparently useless but very expensive item.  ID this item fully, and save it.  Should you manage to obtain 5 fully ID's copies, post a note in this forum with the name of the character that has all five of the items on him.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

End Game change notice: Empty Re: End Game change notice:

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Both Jude and I have been completely tied up with RL issues.

Additionally, some of the coding changes turned out to be more involved than I had thought they would be,

I will post something here when these changes get rolled out.

Carry on the plan of the day.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down