USING SCROLL OF NEGON

Go down

USING SCROLL OF NEGON

Post by miger on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:30 pm

It tells me that my character Slay lacks sufficient chrisma when I try to use Scroll of Negon. It says I need 22 cha. Slay has 27 cha.
What is the real story why the scroll does not work but gives me the message indicating an insufficiency of chrisma?

Mike

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: USING SCROLL OF NEGON

Post by boxripper on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:04 pm

It doesn't look at item increased stat values... only natural stats.
boxripper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 am

Okay, I buy that only natural stats count, but my cha showed it was Maxed at 27. If it was maxed how could my natural stats also not be maxed?

When stats show bold or maxed, if I use another potion or tome would it raise the max by one more? Seems inconsistent to be able to raise the max unless max does not mean maxed.

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm

You are mixing apples and oranges.

Forget about stat raisers.

Some races max out before 22. Giants max at 21. Morloch 19.

There may be others, I really don't recall off the top of my head. Giants and Morlochs can never use breath takers for example. They do not have the required natural stats to use the item. The fact that they may have 29 CHA (because of other items in use) has nothing to do with it. Take off all your items and see what your cha is when you are buck naked. I am guessing it is less than 22. Then for god's sake put your clothes back on!
boxripper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks for the nice explanation. And you are right on - character slay is Giant.

He is Using a Breathtaker though and it has raised his Cha by +3. Data does not say there is any natural Cha requirement so I guess that is why my Giant can use it. I will have to see if the breathtaker will actually capture a dragon since Negon will not.

Mike

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:48 am

Sorry for the delay in answering. Jake is correct, and in other versions of the game Giants and Morlochs could not use breath taker-- I changed that here, however.
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum