Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Wonderin' (about mages)

2 posters

Go down

Just Wonderin' (about mages) Empty Just Wonderin' (about mages)

Post by musicman Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 pm

I am just starting to build a mage (6th in stable) and noticed that they srart out with a 1/1 att/def. Is tho intentional or perhaps an oversight? Their spells have always been powerful in avatar. If you want to tone down the effectiveness of their spells, that would make better sense than nerfing their att/def progression. If it's just a level 1 start crippling, fair enough. Just checking. You don't have to tell us either. I like building stacks of empirical data to prove/disprove theoretical evidence. There's a reason DM's had their own book in the (early) paperdnd days. <<Gary Gygax showed up at some of the paper dnd events at the UofI when I lived and went to college there. Flint Pellett and this games original authors were at some of those games every weekend. One more bit of trivia for this game; it;s original notesfile title was 'paperdnd'
Steve

musicman

Back to top Go down

Just Wonderin' (about mages) Empty Re: Just Wonderin' (about mages)

Post by musicman Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:23 pm

correction: Mages start out with a 0/0 attack def (if str,int,wis,& dex are below 18) I forgot I still had a Tan sash equipped.
Also nerve blank (a sleep spell) sleeps a whole lot of stuff it didn't in other versions of avatar. Bug, feature, or perhaps oversight?
Steve

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:32 am

Maybe this game can be enjoyed without making comparisons to previous variations of the game. Welcome the differences and find new solutions when confronted with opportunites that differ from your memories.

For one who did not play earlier versions, Javatar is exciting for all the new discoveries, and the attempts to make it seem more like an earlier version is distracting and maybe unnecessary (at least for me).

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum