Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jornhald Swiftblade Quest

4 posters

Go down

Jornhald Swiftblade Quest Empty Jornhald Swiftblade Quest

Post by miger Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:54 pm

This quest is a monster I have not ever seen in the dungeon before, read of it in the forums, nor heard of anyone mentioning it. Where can it be found? Any clues would be appreciated.
Mike

Last edited by miger on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more specific)

miger

Back to top Go down

Jornhald Swiftblade Quest Empty Re: Jornhald Swiftblade Quest

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 am

I can tell you it isn't a new monster. I know Jake got quested for it once... and I will tell you the same thing I told him.

He is a warrior that doesn't reside in the normal dungeon.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:37 am

In a huge rush-- leaving on a family trip in moments... JPA says you need help-- here is what I got:

Go to the outpost-- all the way to the back, then there is a long dbl or triple wide "hallway" with 1x1 alcoves coming off the north and south walls.  You will know it when you see it.  Stay along the south wall, and do not enter any of the alcoves.  Walk all the way to the end, the hallway turns to the left (heading south) with more alcoves off the left and the right.  The alcove you want is directly ahead of you, if you have hugged the south wall as you walked westerly.  

For clarity:
Enter the hallway, hug the south wall and walk.  When you get down to the end there will be a 1x1 alcove directly ahead of you.  Enter that one-- the rest are all traps.

Follow the portal (a glowing disk {maybe yellow} my writing is not clear here)  You end up in a warren of hallways and rooms.  There are messages about a battle.  You will need to map this area.  It has encounters similar to 12 and 13 here.  I found JS in a large room pretty far back in.  WoR works here.  

It took me about 3 hours total-- maybe a little more.

Good Luck,

JF
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:41 am

I sent him an email... speedy service.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Thank you.

I simply had no idea where to begin to search having never heard of Jornhald Swiftblade before. Without the hints and directions now provided I would have assumed she was simply deeper than I had previously been, which is in reality is true.

The quest begins. I will comment on the results.

Thanks, Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:22 am

Jornhald Swiftblade quest is met. Thank you to Boxripper (Jake) for the directional clues that led to meeting the quested warrior.

Being the world's worst mapper, I enter the Yellow Disk (YD) path which is off the special Outpost level. I attempted to map the new-to-me level. After finding a secret door at the end of a hallway and continuing mapping, I found I had created a very large map area, way beyond 30x30 (mentioned I was a poor mapper). Then I noticed my large map had duplicate areas. I now think going through that secret door deposited me into another area on the same level which might make my map not so large after all if I can figure out how to accurately tell where I actually was on that YD level.

My mapping also included me ending up on level 12 several times sent apparently by hidden TPs. It appears that one minute you are on YD and then the next step you are on Level 12. At least I now know there is other ways to get to level 12! I had to start over then from the city to get back to the Yellow Disk level.

After mapping what is probably most of the YD level, I ran into Jornhald Swiftblade. I only saw this one in all my days of mapping. So far I have not seen another anywhere else.

For what it is worth, that's my story and I am sticking with it until I get smarter or learn to map better.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Glad that worked out for you.

I had almost forgotten about old Jornhald.

I think I may go back and see if he has an item... seems unlikely that JPA included him just for the odd ball quest.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am

Originally, Jornhald was going to be the guardian of Kamerlingh Chain (and it's use level was going to be in the mid 300's.)

But like so much else associated with my piece meal implementation, plans changed and the armor got modified and placed elsewhere.

J.S. is the guardian of something unique and as of yet unfound.

So let's play a little game:

1 DB
1GB
1 Participation Ribbon (a decent de comping item)
1 Hellfire Ring

To the person who first finds and identifies this heretofore unfound item.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I've hit Jorn 15 times - a lot of mithril stuff but nothing unusual; I'll keep trying.

Doc

docriley

Back to top Go down

Jornhald Swiftblade Quest Empty Jornhald's Horn

Post by docriley Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:26 pm

It took 25 tries, but I believe I have the item: Jornhald's Horn [14]. 119,826,321. Makes user resistant to fire, casts Control Humanoid [14]charges. +2 Att and +2 Def. 1/int, 1/wis, 2/cha. Restricted Classes: Thief, Mage, Sorc, Healer, Wiz, Bard.

Found 1/15/18

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:37 pm

...oh wow - item can not be re-aligned. This one is evil and I have no evil characters. LMK if someone can use it then.

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Congratulations on your success. I saw Jornhald only two more times after my quest with just one item empty chest.

I have several E characters that would appreciate your newly found unique item. But since it was the reward for a special quest and intended for the finder, I suspect the founders will change the alignment to match your characters if you ask.

My question is will Jornhald give up any more of the special item in the future? Although based on the length of time it took me to initially find her and the number of times you had to fight her to gain the special item, I doubt that I will ever run the Yellow Disk just to find one special item.

Congrats again
Miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 am

I don’t know why the item even has an alignment. It isn’t supposed to. I am away from home trying to post from my phone— so hang on to your items and I will investigate.

Mike— you found the first item????

I will get the reward to you either late tonight or tomorrow.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:59 am

I think I found the first item, and if it was me, it was surely because Mike didn't try - this is Docriley, aka - "the shoe guy" - Steeltoes, Highheels, *Airjordans, Stiletto's, Busterbrown, MeiSharonna, Pumps. The item is on my thief, Stiletto's

No hurry on reward - was just glad to finally accomplish it! Was fun!

docriley

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:43 pm

OIC.

Reading from my tiny phone screen, I thought mike was the original poster-- now I see it was you. I will drop the rewards on *Airjordans.

Does the item really have an align or is it just the wonky store telling you it has an align?

IE if you put it on a N char do you gain full benefits? Do you have to do a store remove if you put it on a G char?

I checked the data, the item is unaligned.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 am

JPA

Yes Sir - you are indeed correct; The item ID'ed as (E) but does not functionally act as such. I put it on my Ninja, MeiSharonna, who is (g) and it added the correct pluses, and I could remove it no problem. Very nice!

Thank You !

Doc

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:44 am

what item slot does it fill? or is it an extra slot? IE does it replace the talisman of shadows on the ninja?
if so it isn't that great... if not-- this is a big find.

can you please write up the item in the player's forum?
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am

I had a couple hours this morning to play-- sorry I didn't get to see any of you in the game-- but I did manage to find a Horn.

Curiously, mine ID's as unaligned and is in fact, -u-. Did we get this fixed?

I can confirm, that this item does not occupy one of the normal item slots-- perhaps it is like the christmas items-- or perhaps there is a new item slot. +4/+4 add on is pretty nice and 14 charges of control gargantuans is nothing to sneeze at either!
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 am

Just another update for hunters of the horn--

I power ran for JS today. In just under 3 hours, I took him out over 20 times. ZERO horns.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Boxripper: I think your last two messages have answered my questions of a few days ago about any hope of locating this JS or her special item. It just doesn't seem to make sense for me to run an unmapped sub-sub level in hopes of being successful.

Congrats to the two good finds.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down