Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water spiders

4 posters

Go down

water spiders Empty water spiders

Post by mlm Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:59 am

Can you look at water spiders? Are they actually set up the way you want them to be?

They paralyze like crazy, come in three slots and shrug off spells. Is this what you intended?

mlm

Back to top Go down

water spiders Empty Re: water spiders

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Water spiders are a guardian monster that only appears in the water hallway that leads to a special area of 15. A similar data construction to say the Outpost on level 4. Using that as an example, if you were barely able to run level 4 and tried to enter the Outpost, you would have your hat handed to you, most likely with your head still in it. I will look through the data and make sure that all is correct.

In the mean time I suggest you re-evaluate your strategy and equipment before venturing into this area again.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Well, I attempted to help all the deaders piled here, and you can now add 6 more dead ones to the list. I don't think I even dented the 3 water spider groups with my 3 spellers and 3 swingers plus loaded companions. So much for trying to lend a helping hand.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:31 pm

I will try and make an appearance in the game this evening around 11 PM EDST and clear this encounter to rescue all.

FYI  the water spiders are no joke.  The hallway leads to a portal (deep keyhole) that leads to an area with even more water spiders and a monster that supposedly guards one of the premium uber items in the game.  If I recall correctly his henchman is named Pontus, and he is a very bad fellow.  Never met the big boss but I think JPA let 'Neptune' slip in an email.

I tried breaching this area on numerous occasions.   My advice to you would be to uber like mad, and get all or most of the items from there before you go into the deep keyhole.  I did not venture there after getting a second ELIMINATOR equipped warrior -- but I can tell you that a large party with a single Elim and a ninja was not enough.

Spectral blast hits the spiders.  They cannot be charmed.  Electricity also hits them a little, but mainly it is a direct application of an ELIM and or Katana to clear them.  Mage and or Healer spells don't work.  I tried to switch the ninja to hands, thinking the extra swings (thru the misses) might help... can't recall if it did much-- but not enough for sure.  Don't get me wrong-- they can be cleared but they wear the party down.  Lots of cures/raises needed after each encounter.  

That was my strategy, and it didn't work.  I think this is going to be quite a test for whomever wants to take it on.

JF
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Nice to hear from you again Jake.

Almost everything he says is accurate, I leave ya'll to figure out which part is not entirely correct. silent

I reviewed the data, and turned down the water spiders SLIGHTLY, tho most likely this data will not go live in the game until I have had a chance to test it first-- most likely next week at the earliest.

If Jake fails, I will rescue everyone so that you can continue playing the game, but this will not become a regular happening.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 am

Nothing left to see here folks, move along.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks for the rescue and return to the city. Even tho I left all chars on, one, char sorcpower is still dead and I assume she is still in the 15 level area (not in the city). She must have been overlooked or maybe dropped by the system before the rescue. All other 5 are in city.

I will leave sorcpower on hoping for a belated recovery from 15.

Thanks again

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down