Data loading

Go down

Data loading

Post by dungeonmaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:06 pm

From time to time, I have had some problems with getting data to load into the game. The most recent example of this was the failure of the encounter table to populate on the uber area. MLM discovered this, and had a choice. Take advantage of it and map it all out while there were no monsters present, or REPORT it for the game error that it was.

He chose the later course of action and has gotten an immediate reward for doing so, and will most likely be getting something more down the road after I have had a chance to discuss this latest event with Jude and Josh. When you encounter things of this nature, I know the "Gamer's" mentality is to take full advantage of whatever screw ups the DM makes and maybe report it when you have gotten everything you wanted out of it. Or maybe keep it secret to use for your advantage. We ask you not to do this. We are trying to develop a game, the best game we can make FOR FREE use by the players. You don't pay for access, or have to sit thru a bunch of advertising. There are no in game purchases to monetize the game. We simply ask for your help. Honest, truthful, detailed reports of things that are amiss. This is why we give away "carrots", instead of trying to use the "stick."

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate what you did.

JPA
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Data loading

Post by dungeonmaster on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 pm

For the curious-- MLM had comped two chars. I added 100 hits to each and took away 10 years of age from each. He also has a lower level Healer. I added 10 levels and the correct amount of hits to this char. That is the equivalent of 4 GB and 2 DB + free levels on the Healer.

I am currently leaning towards also providing him with something nice for one of his chars to play with. But I will wait to see what Jude and Josh think.
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mlm on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:12 pm

YW.

Thanks for the presents.

mlm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content