Uber area -- new/old going in +/- 10/08/18

Go down

Uber area -- new/old going in +/- 10/08/18

Post by dungeonmaster on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:55 am

It appears that some sort of glitch has been keeping this area mostly free of monsters which has given the player base a chance to map the area "free of charge" so to speak.  Like almost everything else, the problem is elusive, and just when we thought we had it fixed, it turns out we did not after all.  

I am designing a work around for this issue which will harken back to the way we used to do it (circa 2017) because even though that had some issues, at least there were encounters present in the hallways.  I want to stress that the existing map to level 15 will not change at all from what is present today.  The entrances to the Uber area will remain the same.  What you see when you use them, will be different.  Exit points will be different.  I will most likely eliminate the entrance to the 999 quest area, since I don't think that is ever going to get implemented, at least not in this version.

I want to stress to the explorers of this new area... be prepared.  

JPA
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ubering system 2.0

Post by dungeonmaster on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 am

Jude pulled a couple long, late night shifts at the computer to alter some of the code so I could create the new uber-ing system.  Thank you Jude!

Uber 2.0 will go into effect later today.

I do have a few reports to make:

1) I lied when I said I would not change the map to 15.  I removed a feature close to the landing pad from 14, and replaced it with a set of stairs going down.
2) Once you go below 15, certain spells will no longer function and others will only work 50% of the time.  FYI --"word of recall" has not been modified!
3) Some of the areas you encounter will be very similar to level 15.  Think of these as "extension areas" for when level 15 is busy with multiple parties.  Of course, since the risks are greater with some of the spells not functioning, the rewards have been increased as well.
4) Some of the areas you find will be significantly harder -- these will contain the uber rooms.  There are 4 UBERs in the game each with his or her own room.  And each has an associated "almost-UBER" that you will only see in conjunction with the main UBER.  There will be a special prize to the first player that correctly identifies all FOUR pairs.
5) Because of the difficulty of all areas below level 15, there are no tomb type traps.

A string has been placed in the OTHER section for your remarks.

Thank you, and good luck.

JPA

As always, keep those reports coming in.
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uber area -- new/old going in +/- 10/08/18

Post by dungeonmaster on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

These changes are now live.

With These changes, some items & monsters were tweaked slightly.

JPA
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uber area -- new/old going in +/- 10/08/18

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum