Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poor monsters

3 posters

Go down

poor monsters Empty poor monsters

Post by boxripper Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:47 am

FROM YOUR earlier POST

a small round of changes part 2
Post by dungeonmaster Yesterday at 4:56 pm

I modified the dungeon on levels 14 and 15. (non rock)

I added a few monsters

I tweaked the gold drop on giants and dragons.

I made some adjustments to the encounter tables on 12,13,14,15

In general ... If you find Giants and Dragons that seem poor .. it is because I need to adjust a specific entry on the encounter table. So try and be specific, level-- monsters present, and is it a regular or special room encounter. IE Giant room or Dragon room.

Send me an email and I will address it with the next round of changes.

Re: a small round of changes part 2
Post by dungeonmaster Yesterday at 7:35 pm

I am trying to find the sweet spot here with a combination of variables ... so If I have overdone it (IE Frost Giants are suddenly cash cows) report it as well, please.  I just don't have enough time to play test all the permutations.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((+))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I spent some more time running the nether regions yesterday and today.

You need to apply this fix to the studs in the game.

DK/DQ < 800K
Reaper + undeads <600K
AL's  <700K
Orcus + vamps <800K
Reaper+ DHD's +/- 1M
Vamps 700K

Now Compare that to Storm Giants + Cloud Dragons on 14 1.2M to 1.6M

So far not a single item of note from any of the studs.  And I am up to 4 or 5 reaper clearings.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

poor monsters Empty Re: poor monsters

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:51 pm

Hmmm.

I don't know how to say this delicately-- so I will just blurt it out. The data on 14 (and much more so) 15 -- is what we would call place holder data. I have values in place-- and have not tested much of it. Gold values would probably fall LAST on my priority list. Sorry. I mean it is annoying if Mr. Stud gives you less gold than Wimpy Dragons from level 12-- but it is nothing more than an annoyance. The fact that Mr Stud doesn't have an item in his box, ever -- or that he completes a total party wipe 90+% of the time, or that he is showing up 5 times as often as Mr Tough guy -- those are all issues I want to jump in and fix as soon as I can. GOLD?

A minor annoyance-- don't get distracted by it, please. Report important stuff. We will fix the gold at some date in the future, okay?
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 am

All seriousness aside, it is a bit funny to hear of chest rewards in the 100s of thousands or even millions when me (little guy) feels thrilled when I can return to the city with an extra one million (before making grade).

For the good of the game Wink

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Yes. But JF's chars are needing 15-18M to make level -- So it is all relative, no?
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down