Freeze Kills

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freeze Kills

Post by miger on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Playing flee, heal, amage & take. Entered room 27,30,8 from 27,1,8 and all 4 chars froze. Had to re-sign in and saw 2 of them were dead when I returned. On return the other two were still at 27,1 but froze again when I tried to reenter the 27,30 room of the deaders. On the 3rd resign in, a third char froze when entering 27,30 and was dead when re-signing in again. I left the only live char at 27,1 waiting for a fix. Something is freezing chars on room 27,30 entry.

Mike

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freeze Kills

Post by dungeonmaster on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 pm

I have no idea what causes this, but it is a problem that has happened before.

I put all your chars back in the city
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:56 pm

One possibility is the map--another is possibly a bad encounter. Any chance you saw what the encounter was in 27,30,8 when you were trying to enter?

Thanks for the very detailed error report.. I'll take a look at the map data for this area and report back in this thread.

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 pm

When I initially entered the room and all 4 chars froze, the monsters started to plot only on the group leader's screen but did not complete enough to fill in any monster name. On subsequent entries I did not see the mons.

Mike

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JF's work around

Post by boxripper on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 am

When this happens you have to clear the encounter -- or close all your client windows.  IE make the keypresses to throw spells-- hit autofight-- whatever you think.  Then shut down the windows.  Wait five minutes and re enter the game.  When the encounter repops-- you should be good to go.  

If you do not-- the mobs are still there and still swinging on you.  I too have died by just siting there waiting for it to do something.  The best bet is to always close the application window.

boxripper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum