Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Items for after Comp

4 posters

Go down

Items for after Comp Empty Items for after Comp

Post by miger Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:10 am

My char named take just received a second complication after a 98% resurrection. I understand that complications and the 20 stat loss are just part of the game even though they inflict rather serious damage to a relatively new player. I believe there are added items in this game that will provide multiple stat boosts when used. Can one of the more experienced players please offer a short list of such items/scrolls that can help rebuild stats or reduce age after a comp?

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Items for after Comp Empty Re: Items for after Comp

Post by musicman Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Learn how to manage these well in balance with your chars' needs. Scroll of Cunning = +1 Int/Wis/Cha and +6 weeks in age - Scroll of Physique = +1 Str/Con/Dex and +6 weeks in age. Flask of Fortitude = +5 hitpoints and +6 weeks in age. Giants blood = +50hitpoints and Dragons Blood = -10 years in age. Other items that can help with comps are DM gifts as far as I know. If anyone else has more comprehensive information regarding this and the possibilities in javatar, please do not hesitate to speak.

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Potion of Youth is -1 year and -1 INT. This is a change from traditional.

I have added several MINI deagers on the middle to deeper levels.

I gave away Participation Ribbons with the big Christmas game to those who did not win. They amounted to about a 1/3 comp fix.

In general -- If comp fixing items are too prevalent it is a dis-incentive to run well and wisely. If they are too rare, it is an incentive to not take any chances at all. So we strive to hit a happy middle ground.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 am

Related to topic but not necessarily on topic:
While hearsay evidence is clearly not empirical data, the one 'comp' that has occurred in my stable so far (lvl 40 something healer) was from a resurrection applied by a Cross of Life which said 98% chance of success. I have heard (in game chat) of several other 'comps' occurring after a Cross of Life was used. There are a few healers in the game of high enough level to give a 98%'er. May I suggest to players that you ask for help in this matter from the other players in the game. The castle guard option is a nice feature without a doubt, but I think doing rescues & helping each other with monster quests/quest items is a good way to keep this a team (us vs. the DM) oriented game. I know it's more fun for me when I can help others.

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon May 02, 2016 10:15 am

I too have heard the cross of life raise theory. It seems like an urban myth to me. The item casts a spell. At this point all processing is exactly the same -- item versus spell. The spell compares its level to the recipients CON. A percentage is generated. This %age is displayed on the screen.

dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:46 pm

I died several times with my very first chars in this game as a new player. I also experienced several comps all at 98 or higher ress %. Roughly I would estimate my first chars have died a total of no more than 50 times, and probably only 2/3 that often. Yet each char has comped at least once. That's at least 5 comps (maybe 6) in a max of 50 deaths.

With my second set of players, I have played a bit more cautiously and so far my deaths have almost entirely been by being destroyed in surprise rounds even as I had resist magic cast on the players.

I have not specifically kept a record of the number of these deaths on the second set of chars but I would conservatively estimate it has been no more than 20 deaths and probably somewhat less, maybe only 12. Each ress has been a 98% ress and yet I have had 3 comps from this small number of deaths. I would have expected 2 comps in 100 deaths at 98%, not 3 in 20 or less.

I request that the comp rate be reviewed because it seems far from 98% as advertised.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dejavu Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:43 am

Damn two comps for one death!!! Raised char with 98% and comped and char died right e after raise and try to raise it again and comped again. This game suck!

Dejavu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down