Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INVINCIBLE LYNCH DEMON

4 posters

Go down

INVINCIBLE LYNCH DEMON Empty INVINCIBLE LYNCH DEMON

Post by miger Mon May 09, 2016 9:20 am

Yesterday I was on level 4 with 5 characters all with companions and had a Lynch Demon quest. Usually a Lynch Demon falls to my companions in the 2nd or 3rd round. This time when I encountered a Lynch Demon he was still sitting there after about 30 rounds with no signs of fading away. The hit count on my companions was not changing. It was as if the companions were simply not hitting on the Lynch Demon nor getting hit.

After about 25-30 rounds I sent a message to the other players about this invincible Lynch Demon. Someone suggested disabling my usual weaps and enabling hands as my weap. I did, and immediately started hitting the demon and eventually killed him. Any idea what was wrong with this secnario?

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

INVINCIBLE LYNCH DEMON Empty Re: INVINCIBLE LYNCH DEMON

Post by Jude Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Dungeonmaster would be the best one to weigh in on this, as he wrangles all of the monster data.. My first guess would be that whatever buddies you were using didn't have sufficient attack to touch the Lynch Demon.. (Keep in mind that the att/def values that we use for monsters may not be the same ones that have been in play in prior versions of Avatar.) What did you have for buddies? Given the number of rounds you describe though--there should have been some luck shots on either side of the battle. Maybe the targeting routine is messed up, or Lynch demon damage resistance is somehow bleeding across to companions. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with on this...

Lynch Demons have had a storied history in Javatar, so say the least. Smile
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Tue May 10, 2016 7:00 am

I should have reported this one earlier. I have encountered this scenario as well. My solution has been: go to the next or previous room, clear it if not already cleared, log everyone out and log them all back in as quickly as possible, then go back to the lynchie and he drops in 1-2 rounds. (Note: You must have companions for this to work as they are the eventual lynchie assassins) Not sure why this works but it does. :-(

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue May 10, 2016 9:31 am

Thanks for the initial suggestion help from those in the game at the time, and the responses here. The only thing I can add is that companion spread across my 5 chars were many Knights (10) and at least 4 Bone Devils. The Bone Devils used to clear the Lynch Demon in a couple rounds, but I don't remember if I had Knights try previous to this encounter.

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 pm

I am sorry. I don't have a clue as to why this would behave this way.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Wed May 11, 2016 8:05 pm

From what Steve said, this sounds like a code issue. I have a good idea on how to troubleshoot this.. stay tuned!
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Thu May 12, 2016 7:59 am

I did not previously see this issue until I had Knights as my companions. Is it possible that this issue is somehow related to this specific monster as companions?

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum