FIXED: Paralyze/Freeze gets my team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FIXED: Paralyze/Freeze gets my team

Post by miger on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:02 pm

4 chars on 9: two initially paralyzed including group leader; remaining spells nor weapons ineffective against Elder Ghost; Step out of room after 1st deaths; on room re-entry to pick up dead two, screen freezes and seemingly no response to pick up dead or leave room; last two die. No chance for recovery before death.

1st question: with resist para on, shouldn't it wear off reasonably soon to continue action?
2nd question: freezes seem to be increasingly frequent and beyond players control. Is there a solution?

4 dead still on 9 at place of action.

Help me understand avoidance alternatives when this happens.

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FIXED: Paralyze/Freeze gets my team

Post by dungeonmaster on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:41 pm

HMMM.
Para will stop you from doing anything other than turning in place. You can turn left and right, but cannot move, cast, track, fight, pick up a body. If you back out of a room without killing the encounter (leader isn't para'd) the para is still there. If you kill an encounter, ANY encounter-- the para goes away. If you back out of the game, and reneter--the para is still there.
This isn't what is meant by a freeze related death. That is almost always when the encounter does not display correctly, and the player chars are frozen trying to enter the room. In this case it sounds like upon re entering the room, you perhaps got para'd again? Or fat fingered the pick up attempt? But if your screen was functional-- IE you watched your chars hits spiral down and die-- this was not a freeze death.

To fix para, when outside combat-- you can:

1) Cast charm of freedom
2) Kill any encounter
3) Wait. (yes this takes a long time)
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Yes, backing out to title page, or all the way off the system, removes the display of Para, but you are still para'd. It takes FOREVER to break para by just waiting. In fact you guys could easily increase the chance of breaking para by 33-50% and it wouldn't be game breaking... or set a time limit of say 40-60 seconds...if it isn't broken by then you just auto recover. Perhaps a cheap burnable that casts charm of freedom--

boxripper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miger on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Just for the record, the first deaths were due to being paralyzed even though the chars has the resist paralyze spell cast on them. The last deaths were due to the display going inactive. After signing out and back in to regain an active display, the remaining chars were dead. The freeze was a still factor in this total encounter and need further review.

I suggest that the length of paralyze be shorten, especially if the resist paralyze spell has any meaning at all. If a player is on a reasonable level, it seems logical that the player should be able to re-enter an encounter before death due to the paralyze.

Thanks for the recovery.

miger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:15 am

Over on test I have a new patch running, that eliminates the possibility of being paralyzed outside of combat..

The main game loop was *supposed* to be constantly checking to see if a player was paralyzed in a room with no monsters.. it wasn't doing that the correct way, but now it is. I will be pushing this to the live server soon.

Paralysis is already annoying enough without post combat punishment paralysis--that's just insult to injury. Often times this type of paralysis was an add on to an exit round attack--and you'd end up paralyzed in the NEXT room. This has been fixed.. but stay tuned for a future fix where getting paralyzed in the exit round leaves you *stuck* in the room you were trying to exit.

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 am

On NN for example.. you could end up para'd and drug out of a room by a leader-- you would still be para'd outside the room-- but you would break para usually within about 15 seconds or so... which of course makes the spell touch of freedom almost worthless.

boxripper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:34 pm

It looks like we will be keeping things as is for now--a paralyzed character *will* be dragged outside with the rest of the party.

I still need to add an update for when the party leader gets paralyzed though.

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum