Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIXED: data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14

4 posters

Go down

FIXED:  data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14 Empty FIXED: data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 am

Due to a poorly planned data entry-- people were getting quested for ninja early. This bug has been around for a while, and I just figured out why it was happening. This should not happen anymore.

If you are in the 400-512 range, and have a Ninja quest-- drop a response and I will clear it for you. This should not have been happening.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

FIXED:  data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14 Empty day late...lol

Post by mcnail Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:42 pm

thanks for catching it...i was stuck for quite a while on that one...with a lot of help got one yesterday

Brad

mcnail

Back to top Go down

FIXED:  data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14 Empty Re: FIXED: data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:52 pm

I have discovered that the same table construction error is effecting other rolls as well. Goliath, Megalodon, Arcane Lords, and a few other ultra type baddies were not meant to show up as questable monsters at such low levels. I hope to have the fix in place tonight. Jude and I will work something out to try and keep these sorts of quests popping up until more appropriate levels are reached.

Thanks for your patience.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

FIXED:  data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14 Empty Re: FIXED: data problem allowing NINJA to be quested on 14

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Fifteen is fixed. Asmo, Reaper, Orcus, Ninja are all fair game on the fifteen quest table. Odds of getting Q'd for these larger fish are small-- but they are legit quests. Megladon, Kraken, Goliath, AL's should be removed from the normal quest function until you are at least level 620 ish (if I understand how it works--)

Goliath Q cleared. And I cleared the Reaper Q too-- as a gesture of good faith.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:57 am

What about getting quested for elite or rare level 15 items? Is there a level minimum in place for a character to start getting quested for such items? Someone besides me wants to know!

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:59 am

Yeah, Lightning Blade quest on scav at level 515ish.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm

oooh. that is a toughie. the only thing I know for sure, is that the clerk will not ask for an item until the item has been found in the dungeon.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Jake cleared it, thanks Jake.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down