Paladin vs. Anti-Paladin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paladin vs. Anti-Paladin

Post by musicman on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:23 am

I am experimenting with the Villain class for the first time in all my years of playing avatar.
You have given the Paladin class the ability to use plate mail. Would you consider allowing the Anti-Paladin (Villain) class to wear plate mail as well?
Also aren't both Holy Warriors and Unholy Warriors supposed to have some sort of powerful dispel?

musicman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paladin vs. Anti-Paladin

Post by ghard on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:08 pm

I would agree with Steve. I certainly should think villy should have plate like pally. Also consider at least giving villy and pally dispel undead or banish devil/banish demon perhaps. Some sort of dispel, for my 2 cents.

ghard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:28 am

I agree that villain needs something. But being a 'boxer' type-- I question the plate mail thing.

If you read the class description in the help lesson, they are supposed to be fallen thieves that acquired the ability to heal somewhere along the line.

I think what this game truly needs is LESS homogenization among the guilds, and not MORE.

boxripper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:06 pm

When I gave Paladins Platemail-- I considered this issue.  Quite frankly, Villains are the least used class in most versions of avatar for a reason: they just don't fill a niche that most parties need.  

There is no doubt that Plate would help this guild... but my heart tells me that it won't be enough, and that I am better off to go another direction.  I don't know when I am going to have time to address this issue, but feel free to discuss it. Perhaps someone will come up with something exciting enough to get me to act.
dungeonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:42 pm

I have 2 suggestions for direction.

1. Make villy into a better thief type. One that can max box at level 999. That way villy becomes a char that is a late bloomer and becomes a strong fighting thief if you work him hard enough.

2. Give villy a spell above poison. Something in the poison line like 'cloud kill' or some name that would do similar to what harm does for power spells, at the top end will kill at most 7 monsters in 4 groups.

Finally, i suggest giving villy backstab as a possible. bstab with a sword would mean some strong damage. Particularly if backstab roll does not require a hit roll to happen. That would make the villy a much better fighter. I suggest this path no matter what other path you choose.

My 2 cents.

ghard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 am

I will submit a few suggestions as well even though I have very little experience running this class.
1. A graduating set of rechargeable weapons which dispense an increasingly stronger poison as they move up the ladder.
2. A charm spell (human or giant perhaps?)
I like the backstab suggestion as well, after all stabbing someone/something in the back is indeed a villainous act.
If you are not going to allow them better armor and are going to give them increased thieving/boxing ability, how about allowing them to wear Thief's Armor?

musicman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum