Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

item adjustments

3 posters

Go down

item adjustments Empty item adjustments

Post by boxripper Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 am

--from the locked Announcements section:
Caster's DEF adjustments
 by dungeonmaster Yesterday at 10:22 pm

I have adjusted several items to try and bring spell casters DEF back in line with other guilds.

Originally, there was an issue with how the game was calculating ATT/DEF for sorcs and healers which caused them to top out well below the threshold of survivability down deep. To mitigate this, I inflated several items that would be worn by casters to bump the end-of-game DEF up.
Since Jude has fixed the progression, SORC's defense has become second only to Seekers-- which is not desirable.

This is an initial attempt as re establishing parity. Expect further tweaking.

JPA

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

My healer went from 531 to 501.
My sorc went from 535 to 503

These values are still higher than any I have seen on the other versions of this game-- but at least they are now slightly below the warrior, instead of above him.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

item adjustments Empty Re: item adjustments

Post by ghard Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Yes, it certainly makes sense that a well equipped fighter class should have a better defense than a well equipped caster class.

2 cents.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:05 am

Gauntlets of Fury minimum required con was so high that Morlochs could not use them. This has been fixed.

In addition, the lack of damage spell appears to have been a significant drawback to their desirability. This situation is provisionally remedied as well. It turns out that fury is often a dish best served cold.

Should the addition of an attack spell turn out to be too powerful, this will be re-addressed.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:21 pm

When you recharge them, the store says you will get 16 charges. But when you do it, it gives you 18.
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down