Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New trouble Logging In

2 posters

Go down

New trouble Logging In Empty New trouble Logging In

Post by docriley Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:26 pm

He - this is Docriley, aka the "Shoe Guy." I'm really enjoying Javatar a lot, but I started having trouble, out of the blue, yesterday logging in. I didn't change any settings, and I can't even get a Javatar screen to come up. It says there is an issue with Chrome, which I always run it from my Cortana (Edge I suppose) browser and there is no problem. Now nothing comes up. I have taken Chrome off, installed Yahoo (which I hate), re-downloaded Java, updated everything... I can't find anything that works. Anyone have a suggestion, please? I LOVE playing - it's my go to happy moment in the morning with my coffee, getting awake before I go do my ER shift. I appreciate the help ahead of time! (and, please remember I'm a pretty "low-tech" guy, so be explicit if you suggest I do something Smile )

Docriley

docriley

Back to top Go down

New trouble Logging In Empty Re: New trouble Logging In

Post by Jude Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 pm

I don't think the problem is on your end... I just tried logging in and experienced the same behavior. I also wasn't able to remote login to the server application. Lemme head down to the basement and check it out.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:43 pm

It looks like we're having a problem with our DNS. The server is running fine, but without the DNS it's not readily accessible from the web. I'm going to have to reboot my router and cable modem to see if the DNS company can pick up my ip address again. I won't be able to try this until later this evening. Stay tuned!
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Man, I'm glad you replied. I have been trying to do all sorts of stuff to get this to run. I can't get Java to run right at all. Let me know what's going on - I can't get access period!

Doc

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:53 am

JAVATAR is back online.

After much head-scratching on my end, I decided to update the DNS (dynamic name server) password on our DynDNS account and on my router. Re-logging in to DynDNS with the updated credentials seems to have done the trick! The funny thing is, DynDNS didn't tell me to do this, and Javatar's subscription doesn't end until June.

Thanks for the heads up on this one, and have fun!

-Jude

P.S. can you tell me what your specific issue with Javatar and Chrome is? Is there an error message? I run it just fine from Chrome on my Macs and my PC..
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 am

You're my new HERO! - It's fixed! Very Happy

Yes, there is a message with JAVA when you try to run it in Chrome, or at least it says it on mine. It says that the new Chrome will not run something like the "NPAI" or "NAPI" plug-in's that it used to, and that it will not support JAVA. So, this looks like something with JAVA itself, not just Javatar. I may not have that word correct, so if it doesn't look right I can try re-running JAVA on it until I get that error and copy the screen for you if you need better understanding.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

Doc

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down