Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 a freeze up

3 posters

Go down

15 a freeze up Empty 15 a freeze up

Post by mlm Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Was exploring, found an area where I was told "she knows what to do with infidels" and then a few steps later, "turn around, now."

I wandered thru some darkness passages, and when I came out-- the game froze. Of course, I reentered to find dead chars.

kato, ::endora:: and noah x. bain-- all dead. I didn't check the others-- 867-5309, marcus welby, alexander munday, rowdy yates most likely the same ...

mlm

Back to top Go down

15 a freeze up Empty Re: 15 a freeze up

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 am

Hmmm.

This area has it's own table, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Were you facing encounters or mostly empty rooms before the freeze up? This could be another example of the freeze bug that has been plaguing us for a while. I will have Jude look at it.

I will fix your chars.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

15 a freeze up Empty another interesting map/freeze bug

Post by Jackknife Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:21 am

I entered the new maps via 21,13,15 and had mapped about 7 rooms when I hit a scatter with 8 chars. Two chars died (Blizzard, Bagger), three chars cleared their encounters (Brass, Bluff and Balm) and three chars went into this semi complete state where no new attacks could be made. For these latter three chars (Bandaid, Brigand, Beauty), I was able to close their javatar window and relog and get exactly one hit or spell off and then it was back in the same mode. By closing and relogging multiple time I was able to clear all three encounters -- aided by the fact that the mobs never got an attack! Three of these chars (Beauty, Brass, Bluff) had access to WoR spells and are safely back in the city, but I have left five chars in very uncharted waters. Fortunately, using my seeker I was able to pin down where on the map these chars are, but getting to them will involve a lot of mapping.

I am mostly reporting the interesting freeze bug, but could I wouldn't turn down assistance in getting the 5 chars back to the city.

--Jackknife (aka Mike, aka the 'B' boys(

Jackknife

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm

I did a global wide return chars to city and raise all. This should take care of it. If there are any more issues let me know.

This bug has been around for a while and has proved particularly difficult to slay.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mlm Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:03 pm

I ran this area several times over the last few days, and have not gotten a single freeze up. So good job on the fix.

mlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down