Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW FREEZE

2 posters

Go down

NEW FREEZE Empty NEW FREEZE

Post by miger Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:52 am

Just after 8:40 Arizona time on 12/27, moving from 18,23,11 to 17,23,11 fighting a Putrid Sludge and 2 Grey Molds my chars froze and I could not immediately re-sign back on. Each of my chars displayed a different group number 1-6. After a few minutes the ability to sign in again appeared. I left my chars where they froze up. Just reporting.

miger

Last edited by miger on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update.)

miger

Back to top Go down

NEW FREEZE Empty Re: NEW FREEZE

Post by miger Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:49 pm

A moment ago I returned my group to the city and was ID'ing items when the system became unresponsive. I could not access it to re-sign on nor reach javatar.org.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

A few minutes ago I was running 11A near 25,11 went my chars started pausing or dropping out seemingly individually. No fight at the time. Some stay connected for a while, then they dropped out. I had a problem getting all 6 back on line at the same time. I would sign one on, and it or another would drop off.

Finally, I got all six on and recalled to the city. As I was clearing the thief it froze. So I sign off and sent this note for you to assess.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am

Do these incident reports like the three above contain enough information for an assessment as to why they occurred, or since they elicit no response from anyone are they simply a waste of effort?

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:44 pm

There are two types of instability that can be addressed when it comes to Javatar:

1. Stability within the game engine/code itself
2. Stability on the 'network' side of things--the network card in the server, the router, cable modem, and Xfinity's network out to the internet

I have been putting a lot of effort into #2 on the list above recently.

But to answer your question, reports such as these, which *are* read, do provide information that is useful. If I see that the same type of circumstances in-game lead to a loss of connectivity, then that is pointing to a bug in the game code. i.e. "Whenever I face encounter X on level Y, I drop connections" might mean an issue with the game data, or the combat engine/display code. Seemingly unrelated circumstances might point to an issue with network connectivity on the Javatar side (which has not been great lately, but hopefully has improved), or on the user side.

In general, our code could probably benefit from being less sensitive to connectivity issues. i.e. a hiccup that probably doesn't hinder a connection on World of Warcraft might be more catastrophic for the Javatar client. But, we are doing what we can given the size of our operation. Smile
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:41 pm

Also--not sure if you are following the post in announcements, but I just had the main cable for my internet replaced. Now that the internet stability issues are hopefully behind us, we can focus in more on any remaining client/server stability issues.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down