Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hatchling quest wont clear

5 posters

Go down

hatchling quest wont clear Empty hatchling quest wont clear

Post by ghard Sun May 29, 2016 6:35 pm

I have a hatchling quest on my wizard "Rocks Off" that wont clear it seems. I have killed hatchlings double digit times on 2 and quest remains.

I thought misId was happening, but it happen too many times. Char is level 264 so was just soloing on 2 to find.

Please advise.

ghard

Back to top Go down

hatchling quest wont clear Empty Re: hatchling quest wont clear

Post by musicman Sun May 29, 2016 6:50 pm

I have the same problem on my seeker "journey". I have killed several Master Thralls, but the quest won't clear.
As my Confucian friend is fond of saying, Sum-Ting Wong!
Thanks in advance for investigating this issue.

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Sun May 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Okay, this cleared when i hit hatchlings on 9. I have no idea how i could have meet and misIded hatchlings on 2 that many times. So odd.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Sun May 29, 2016 8:58 pm

That can't be it. I have filled many monster quests when it was not properly ID'ed. Maybe it should have said "You must kill a hatchling on level 9. I killed several Master Thralls on 6 in an attempt to complete this quest. If the quest can only be filled by going deeper than where they first start to appear in the maze, then why doesn't it specify? Enigmatic
I will try again tomorrow and see if this has been cleared up.

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Sun May 29, 2016 9:51 pm

It makes me wonder if hatchling is in the monster table more than once with description that shows in interface enc not being a unique key, but some ID field in the data. So the hatchlings i find on 2 are not the same monster as the hatchlings i met on 9. Just a thought.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by mcnail Sun May 29, 2016 10:15 pm

i am sure you have but i know that several times i thought i had a master thrall quest and it was a master of thralls quest different encounter...just a heads up

mcnail

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon May 30, 2016 10:21 am

Hmmm. Master Thralls and Thrall Masters and Master of Thralls are all separate monsters. I suggest you pay attention to the charsets.

Hatchlings. odd, isn't it?
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Mon May 30, 2016 3:29 pm

I don'tdidn't have them confused. Thrall Masters have the thief charset, Master of Thralls has the magic-user charset, and Master Thralls have the undead(skeleton/thrall) charset. I killed several of the ones I was quested for on 6 but the quest would not clear. Today I re-explored the 'All Soul's Rest' on 7 and when I killed the Master Thrall I was quested for there, it filled the quest. a n o m a l y

Last edited by musicman on Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by boxripper Mon May 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Hatchlings-- I have experienced this. I think there are more than 1 kind of hatchling. IE hatchlings down deep breath hard-- like ramagons almost. In general, I found that if I was getting quested on level 9, then killing a hatchling on level 2 wasn't going to fill the Q. But killing 1 on level 10 would.

I did have a gargant Q the other day that would not clear. I killed 4 or 5 sets of gargants -- nothing. Left the game-- came back hours later and killed a gargant-- it cleared! So maybe there is an issue...
boxripper
boxripper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down