Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teleport Problem

2 posters

Go down

Teleport Problem Empty Teleport Problem

Post by redbird97 Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:35 am

I teleported from the city stairs to the chute on 6. My party got scattered somehow. I had made that TP a few times before and never
had it happen either before or after. Any ideas?

redbird97

http://www.hughwilliamsauthor.com

Back to top Go down

Teleport Problem Empty Re: Teleport Problem

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Well... without more data it is hard to say.  Sometimes the party gets left behind at the city stairs when the caster falls down the chute.  sometimes, a party member falls down the chute after landing. I imagine, neither of these are what you mean by 'scattered'  Since random TP's do not split up the party (despite our intentions to make it so) I would guess there has to be an underlying error somewhere.   These sorts of errors require mounds and mounds of data to solve.  Stuff you think of as mundane, turns out to be the smoking gun.  Things like, who tracked who, how many trips up and down the stairs, what the teleport readout said at the bottom of the screen... where the party was scattered-- etc.  Since it happened to you, and no one else-- it is entirely possible that you are doing something that no one else has done.  What delimiters are you using for your TP cords?  What spell cast?  From item?  --- on and on.  Eventually we'll come up with the smoking gun.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by redbird97 Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I will make notes about everything if it happens again.

redbird97

http://www.hughwilliamsauthor.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down