Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spell Adjustments

3 posters

Go down

Spell Adjustments Empty Spell Adjustments

Post by miger Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:28 am

While I can't compare to previous versions, I think the cure/heal spell adjustments are now set too weak. I notice that they seem to be cut to about half in effectiveness to that prior to adjustment. Even Major cure provides about 25-30 hit raise for my paladin. That seem pretty minor. Maybe we should even re-name Restoration to Partial Restoration since it certainly does not restore the hits.

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Spell Adjustments Empty Re: Spell Adjustments

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:26 pm

We have brought healing spells more in line with their historic values. Restoration is not supposed to be a full heal. The fact that it has been that way was an error that has been fixed.

Items have also been brought in line. They were mistakenly casting using the players spell level and not theirs. This caused the item to be less useful at lower levels and over powered at upper levels. This has been fixed. I won't be renaming any spells any time soon.

As far as Paladin healing goes... when you get a spell at higher levels, not only does it cost more spell points to cast, it also takes longer to reach a spell level that makes the spell "kick in."
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Character heal, a healer, tried to use the restoration spell tonight and it deducted spell points but added NO hits to the chars used on. Tried it several times unsuccessfully.

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:21 am

The Restoration spell by my healer is now working.

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:47 am

Just a quick follow up on this:

We are in the process of a complete rewrite of the spell progression code used for damage, kill/dispel and healing spells. This should be a further shot in the arm for spell progressions.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down