Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAVATAR CLIENT DISCONNECT

2 posters

Go down

JAVATAR CLIENT DISCONNECT Empty JAVATAR CLIENT DISCONNECT

Post by miger Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:35 pm

When running multiple chars, often but not always, I have the connection to Javatar end when I just let the chars idle for about more than maybe 5 minutes. I have not actually measured the amount of time before disconnect occurs. On reconnect I do not have to boot the char off to reconnect. It reconnects like I had previously signed off.

This frequent disconnect is frustrating when for example I am cleaning up my thief after a long run and discover some or all the other chars have disconnected. I have to reconnect using the Javatar Client to reactivate the chars left idle. This will happen in the city and in the dungeon if the chars are left idle for what seems like a very short time. Another example is when I get a phone call and do not touch the keys for a few minutes.

Is it possible to increase the amount of idle time before a disconnect actually occurs?

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

JAVATAR CLIENT DISCONNECT Empty Re: JAVATAR CLIENT DISCONNECT

Post by billy G Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:52 pm

i assume you are using windows, and the javatar client.

this is an issue with your computer, not the server.

i suggest you google it.

try bringing in the browser client and see if it works better

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Thanks for the comment response. I see the Javatar Virtual Terminal in my Firefox browser. But I do not see a way to add additional chars beyond the first one. What am I missing to play multiple chars in a web browser?

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:47 am

I have never used firefox. When using the browsers you have 2 options, switch back and forth to new tabs (which is a major PITA) or open as many instances of the browser as you have chars, and then size each window to the minimum size and tile them.

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down