Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

occulus redetna

2 posters

Go down

occulus redetna Empty occulus redetna

Post by billy G Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 pm

So I found one of these the other day, and when I ID'd it once it showed u4 in the store. when I fully ID'd it, it showed u0 in the store and offered me 740M (maybe 760M) to sell it. So I sold it, and it seemed like it gave me about 1/2 of the money. I considered it a 1 off, and just moved on. Tonight I found another one-- and this time it showed u7 in the store on the first id and then dropped to u0 when fully Id'd. Again it offered me the big cash to sell it, but when I sold it-- it only gave me 108M. In addition, I cannot access the item in the store. Occ doesn't access it from the buy option and even typing in the complete item name doesn't work. It's either some messed up item naming or some sort of glitched data.

billy G

billy G

Back to top Go down

occulus redetna Empty Re: occulus redetna

Post by Jude Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:00 pm

I will take a look at this--thanks for the report. We have seen some issues recently with highly expensive items not playing nice with the store. I'll report back here with any findings.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Ok, I've looked at this. When I look at the store database in the operator lesson, it says that there are 7 of them in the store inventory. That's why it was awarding you such a low price. However, from within the game, from the player's perspective, there are always *none* in the store, so it doesn't come up as an item for sale, even if you just sold one to the store.

I'm not sure why the store is not handling this item the right way. Let me take a look at the store code and make sure it is pointing at the most updated list of items..
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:01 am

This has been fixed.  This Occulus Redetna is a special type of item, so special, in fact, that the store did not have a category for it.  These categories are used to present items to players, calculate prices, etc.  So without a store category, the store was essentially a black hole for this type of item.. sucking them in without ever offering them up for sale.  

I just added this item's very special category to the store code, along with a few other categories, including 'talismans'.  Geeze, how the heck did I leave that category out?  

So the store should now be giving you the actual gold it offers you for an item, instead of the nasty 'trick' it was pulling on you.

I will happily put some gold on a character of your choice to make up for the gold you lost on the sales of your Occulus Redetnas--just let me know where to put it.  

Thanks,

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum