Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Holiday Eye Challenge

3 posters

Go down

2021 Holiday Eye Challenge Empty 2021 Holiday Eye Challenge

Post by miger Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Reportedly, no one has found a special item from the Eye monster challenge. Personally, I have fought maybe 12 intense battles and received only common items for the level or no item. The Eye mons have been set as Quest so totally avoiding them is not planned.

The battles are serious with paralyze (even with resist cast), stat loss, and death likely. With zero special items, it simply is not worth engaging Eyes unless quested.

I request that the incident rate of finding a special item be check out. So far it seems set to zero.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

2021 Holiday Eye Challenge Empty Re: 2021 Holiday Eye Challenge

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:03 pm

it isn't zero, but it is very low.

i am going to weaken the monsters slightly and will probably bump up the drop shot a bit.

when they cough regular items it is from 1 or 2 item tables below their level... so you at least have the chance to score something nice...
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Good news from this morning--
I took them out twice on 11-- easy peasy.
Went to 13, again no problems.
Went to 14, found two different encounters down there-- the first was pretty easy and gave me an Eye.
The second was much, much tougher-- first time thru, nada. Second time thru Gloves of Light.
One char died, and one got stoned. Not bad for two tough encounters.

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:04 pm

I have taken them out many times now on 14 and 15.
So far, I have found Gloves/Light x2, Warrior's Armor, Shadow Axe, Blue Balls, Slime Balls, Hairy Eyeball (all only 1 each)

I had 1 wipeout on 15, otherwise no real issues except a dead char or two. having large buddies seems to help.

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:08 pm

this event will end in the next few days.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:57 am

it is over now.  "winners" announced.

Y'all can email me at javatarjpa@gmail.com with your choices.

Third Place can ask for 1, 2nd Place can ask for 2.  First place can ask for 3.

The choices are:
Deager= 4 DB(specify align)
Hitpoints= 6 GB
A nice Stats package (specify Align) All potions all weighted towards the stuff that is hard to find.
A nice little item created specifically for this event that you will be able to wear without taking anything else off.

No one is going to get "hosed" here.  IE if you choose the stats, and you don't like what you get-- leave them all where I put them and send me an email.  I will replace them with another choice.  You could also specify for example Deager-- take 30 years off "xxx" and 10 years off "yyy" and I can just do that directly.

Can you choose multiples of one thing?  Yes-- but not three copies of the ITEM.  2 items and something else if you get a choice of three.

HINT-- the item is going to be pretty good.

Last edited by dungeonmaster on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down