Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22.

Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22.

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:08 pm

I have missed St Paddy's day now for the last two or three years. Which means the all important Four Leaf Clover* is not an option for all the new players.

I am putting together an Irish Invasion Event which will release all sorts of monsters into the dungeons. Most importantly-- Leprechauns will be among them,
and Leprechauns have the chance of dropping 4LC. This event will run for 21 days and all the themed monsters will be worth 2x or 3x EXP.

Beware the Emerald Dragon, and as always Far Darrig are not to be trifled with.

Note* Four Leaf Clover (or 4LC) is a charm that you wear. It causes the Guild Clerk to pass over a significant portion of quests. It must be worn to be effective in this function, and it is devilishly hard (and expensive) to remove. If you carry a 4LC into the guild when it is not in-use, you will trade it in to clear your current quest. So be careful not to do this accidently-- bank it or make sure it is in use. This feature would let you clear an Eliminator quest or something else deemed impossible -- but the 4LC will be removed from the char in exchange for the quest.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

mcnail likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty Irish Update

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:51 pm

This feature is coming together quite nicely, and it is going to be a very large temporary patch.

15 New monsters spread across all levels, and some new items (mostly burnables.)

For the new players here is how this is going to work. If you find an item that has no powers/apparent purpose, hang on to it because it is a Special Quest Item (SQI). Store all SQI on a single char to make computations easy for me, please. At the end of the event -- fabulous prizes will be awarded based upon the number of SQI you have obtained. When prizes have been awarded, I will fill the store with these items so everyone can sell them all for the same price. IE no gets a huge payday by being the first to sell-- this has been complained about in the past. Other items you may use/sell at your discretion since they will not count towards the prizes.

Look for further updates soon.

JPA

dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty SQI names

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:58 pm

To avoid potential confusion:

Here are the names of the SQI and their relative valuations.

Hen Pence                  1 pt
Pence                        3 pts
Groat                       20 pts
Silver Groat              40 pts
Pot o' Gold              100 pts
Large Pot o' Gold     300 pts

Four Leaf Clovers will not be worth any points this year.
However, Diamond Hearts that remain unused at the end of the contest will be worth 500 pts.  If you choose to use the Diamond Heart before the contest ends ... zero points will be awarded.

To avoid clutter-- all these items are stackable when fully ID'd.  Anyone exceeding 255 items will have to start a second stack.  Please fully ID and stack all items.  The use of a special storage char just for these items is perfectly acceptable.

I plan on granting levels, deaging and special items as rewards -- and I am not known to be stingy.  So, get out there and kill some Irish and take their stuff! (Once this thing kicks off)
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty Re: The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22.

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:32 am

The final countdown has begun.  With any luck I may be able to open this event a couple days early for some player led play testing.  During the testing period-- I will be looking for input, and fixing any major "screw ups" caused by the new data.  You will be free to keep/use whatever you find.

The monsters are SLIGHTLY harder than they have been in years past, but are worth a ton of EXP.

The chances of finding event monsters is higher than before, but the chances of finding a Four Leaf Clover are overall lower.  The odds improve gradually as you descend into the dungeon, however the odds of finding the Irish are slightly lower.

Everyone who participates (player, not every char) will be given a 4LC at the end of the event.

In general, a good rule of thumb is to run a level or two higher in the dungeon than where you normally find "challenging" -- at least for a little bit until you see how the Irish Mobs are.  Some of them are quite dangerous compared to other monsters on that level.  Again, be warned-- the Far Darrig (rare on 13, more common on 14 and below) and the Emerald Dragon (very rare on 14, more common below) are going to be quite a challenge.  Oh, yeah.  This year there is more than one type of Far Darrig.  (Muhahaha!)
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty Re: The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22.

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:30 am

The Irish Invasion has begun.

I have done minimal play testing. Report Issues.

If something is really off -- email javatarjpa@gmail.com

I will fix anyone harmed if I have screwed something up.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:54 am

there is an irish item (sphere) that has a place holder spell. its a good one-- but we are trying to make a themed spell for it. use it if you want or wait til the other spell is ready.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:34 pm

This event is over.

I am super busy for the next few days, I will tally up scores ASAP (probably Thursday) and post winners. Don't sell your scoring items until after I post the winners.

Continue to use/enjoy the Irish items. They will all go away in about 60 days. The diamond hearts will not go away. Save them for decomp. The Four Leaf Clovers also do not go away.

Prizes will be very nice -- when I have time to do them.

Thanks for playing.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty The End Results:

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:29 am

At last the long delay is over.  We have the results from the accounting firm of Dewey, Skrewum, and Howe.

cith 55 pts
qsb (apparently a storage char --who owns???) 5,600 pts
Strider 10,474 pts
Irishman (storage char for who????) 27,839
Evil 41,844
Baymax 48782

and the winner of Irish 2022...........

Jessie --- 70,486 pts

unicorn horn and [Lost] also received Four Leaf Clovers because they found a couple items.

I will get to prizes tomorrow
Feel free to sell anything you wish. Items not used in 60 days are subject to removal (except diamond heart)

Thanks for playing.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:13 pm

The accounting firm of Dewey, Skrewum and Howe is aptly named.

Evil had 48,300 +/- points and has been declared a second place winner as well. I don't know how the bean counters got it wrong-- but they did. Baymax is still the official 2nd place winner a couple hundred points ahead -- but we aren't splitting hairs here.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

The Irish are coming on or about 6/15/22. Empty Prizes, Prizes, Prizes

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:43 pm

1st place gets all the options below
2nd place gets to pick 2 options (but can't take 2 of the same option)
3rd place gets to pick 1.
4th, (5th) gets either 25 (20) levels on a single char OR a Temporary customized item for the char of their choice.  IE a good sized bonus item that is only going to last for 90 (60) days.  5th gets the () values.

Top Prizes:

1)  A full operator Decomp/Deage for 1 char, 1 time.  (you will email me, and I will go in and remax your stats, your hits and return that char to 21 years of age!) Of course this might take a day or so for me to do it.

2) 50 free levels on a single char or 25 levels each on 2 chars.

3) A customized item upgrade for a single char OR Your choice of ELIMINATOR, WYVERN SKIN ARMOR, SCINTILLATING ROBE OR HOLY BRACERS (the big four!).  With the first option, I will go in, see what you are missing and set you up, OR if you aren't missing much -- give you a special non standard item that you can keep forever.

You may also replace any single choice with the Mystery Box which will contain several selections of prime items, a few free levels, some stats, some gold, some deager, some hit points and such.  Unlike "Let's make a deal" there will be no stinker boxes.

Again, thanks for playing,

JPA
javatarjpa@gmail.com
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:40 am

Most Irish items will be going away this weekend. Stat raisers are exempt for now. Diamond Hearts will never be removed--
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down