Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STATS UNAVAILABLE

3 posters

Go down

STATS UNAVAILABLE Empty STATS UNAVAILABLE

Post by miger Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:52 pm

It would appear that someone has cleaned all the stats - potions & tomes - out of the store. Since there was always enough stats in the store to mostly if not completely recover from a complication, I wonder why someone has accumulated every one that was in the store???? I don't think collecting them in their entirety will return any interest except putting other players at a disadvantage.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

STATS UNAVAILABLE Empty Re: STATS UNAVAILABLE

Post by miger Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:07 pm

While I am not the player who removed all the stats from the store, I do have some stats that I will share with anyone who has comped and has a need. Or some tomes for any brand new player.

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:55 pm

I think the main problem is that gold has gotten completely out of control.

Gold has no value, so paying 6M for a Tome of Might is totally okay, even If I don't need it. Someone decided to buy everything of value from the store-- and that is totally within the normally accepted rules of the game.

I can address this issue tho with a few tweaks-- which I will do promptly.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:30 pm

I have addressed this issue thusly:

All players have had their gold "Taxed"
Prices for Stat raisers have increased significantly.
Cash value of the "cash items" (golden plate, diamond ring etc) have been reduced.
I have asked Jude to drop a universal -10% gold reduction per encounter into the code.
Prices for other burnables have also increased.

These are the initial steps. There may be more coming.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:01 pm

item tables adjusted for the first time since 2017. the cash items are rarer now.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:15 pm

The issue of someone buying the store completely out of stats and fighting spheres may be within the "normally accepted rules of the game", but it sure seems to violate the spirit of the game especially for newer players attempting to max stats or recover from a comp.

Placing the blame on gold being out of control seems an easy target, when the reality is that one player simply took advantage of that condition with little consideration for others.

I seem to remember special events where the rewards included prizes of $ in the Billions to the top winners. I guess you are correct, that flush was eventually too much for someone.

But to tax everyone for the actions of one, seems a bit extreme. Just as increasing pricing for stat raisers and consumables, reducing chest values and value of "cash items" would seem to mostly affect newer players who in reality are trying to increase their cash to purchase items and make levels. Are you really correctly addressing the original issue?

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:25 pm

If I reduce values on the boxes too much, who am I hurting? Not the player that has 8 B in gold. I would be killing a new player tho.

Removing 15% of gold from everyone is pretty fair. If you only have 1 M in the bank, you lose 150K. If you have 10B in the bank-- you lose 1.5B. Certainly neither is "pleasant" but I don't think either is "onerous."

You are allowed to buy whatever is in the store. Should one player buy it all? I would say it isn't very polite. But it isn't against the rules of the game. That is why the items are in the store-- to be sold.

Yes, I am not without guilt in the creation of the gold glut. Agreed. As the final arbiter of what goes on here, it is my job to take steps to mitigate the problems with the game. I will continue to do this.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Thanks for caring about the game.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:53 pm

FYI--I did make the change dungeonmaster requested to decrease gold drops from both boxed and unboxed encounters.

Ultimately I think the changes should nudge the store in the direction of holding more stats, since the changes do the following things:

1. Make gold a bit more valuable for things other than a stat shopping spree.
2. Make stats more valuable to *sell* to the store for said gold (based on dungeonmaster's previous note stating that he was increasing the buy price of stats.)

The (J)avatar economy has always been a tricky balance. Whether or not these changes have the exact desired effect, it is too soon to say. But I think they are healthy for a game that has become a bit awash in gold lately.

Have fun!

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum