Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nyr......

+3
billy G
miger
King Weasel
7 posters

Go down

The Nyr...... Empty The Nyr......

Post by King Weasel Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:02 am

WoD and Burning Air work well against them, except for the wolves - they don't burn, electricity seems to work, dazzle spells so far nada on these Nyr folk. This was on 11, they are tougher than the leprechauns were so far...

King Weasel

Back to top Go down

The Nyr...... Empty Re: The Nyr......

Post by miger Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:04 pm

What is a leprechaun and where is it found? One of the new Nyr monsters??

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:11 pm

I have run alot of this event in the last two days.

I have found more stats and regular items from these monsters than time crystals.

I have had 3 high end items destroyed by the "corruption"

I take more damage running 13 than I don running 16 (except for the ubers)

These monsters are ridiculously hard for the levels they are on, and my suggestion is to tone down their "offense" by 50% and their magic resistance by at least 15%

I am running 8 chars with MOST of the best equipment in the game -- and getting pounded on 13, taking serious damage on 11. Come on.

billy g

Last edited by billy G on Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:01 pm

Uh-oh. I think I know what I did-- rookie mistake. I will look into this as soon as I can log in to the server.

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:37 pm

The correct data has been loaded onto the server.

I made a terrible blunder, sorry.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcnail Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:35 am

ahhhh...so it might be possible that I am not the worst player to try the Nyr...now it is also possible that I am but...will try again and see if i can make up some of the years I lost to comps trying to take on the Nyr monsters...thanks for letting us enjoy and remember what it was like to run all night at the zoo...how I miss cerl 165

mcnail

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:14 pm

I ran some today... and either it was good luck, or they are much more reasonable now.

I do keep finding 'regular' items from them all the time, tho. And not very good ones at that.

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:22 am

Do we have a date when this invasion event is going to be over?

I ask because I really can't handle the Nyr on the levels I am getting quested on. Also, I don't need deager that I can't stockpile against the future inevitable COMP.

If the event is going to continue for some time, is there any chance we could limit the Nyr to odd or even levels only? That would allow low lvl players (like myself) some Nyr free levels to build on.

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:21 am

I would certainly be willing to help you close a Quest on those levels where the Nyr are an issue for you. I am sure others would help too if asked. Just speak up for Q help. I suggest that this may be much more efficient than afurther game modification now that we are into the Nyr Invasion. After all, who can tell the Nyr where to go
For non-quest play, I understand that there are several non-main levels that reportedly the Nyr have not discovered:  Snake Temple 6 levels off 1; Wofat's Lair off 3; Outpost off 4; Yellow Disk off Outpost; Celgerfarb Lair off 6; Banshidhe's Lair off 7; Dark Tunnel off 8; 11A and 12A if your chars are big enough.

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by knucklehead Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:28 pm

I realize it's hard to tune an event like this that is challenging for all players, but ...

As perhaps the only mid-level noob currently in the dungeon trying to build my first party, I have to say I'm pretty battered at this point.  Post invasion, ~60% of the party has comped at least once -- and at -16 weeks each, I'll never see enough time crystals to be ROI positive on the event.

In fact, given all this unexpected damage, I'm a little uncertain about my long-term prospects in the game.  Should I start a new party?

It's not helpful that I try to find most of my items, so I'm not the best equipped -- and as others have said, the quests take me places I can't really handle anymore.  The Nyr especially like to stone my leader, and before I can back everyone out one at a time, 2 or more others are on the floor.  It's been a real baptism (of fire) and thanks to the helpful veterans in the game, I've learned a lot about tough encounters (which is a positive, of sorts.)

At other times, even when I safely escape a surprise, I find more Nyr have repopulated behind me ...  Stud encounters can't pull that trick, but the Nyr can.  When I bribe the city guards to raise a small rescue party, the Nyr like to hide out under chutes and kill them again. I've found many creative ways to have a Nyr Death experience.

Admittedly, most of this is largely my own fault, and I have gotten better at managing the Nyr (correcting the data was helpful as well.)

If there was one thing I could suggest:   Unless the Nyr are in consecutive encounters, I can usually take the damage and escape, but as it stands, I'm far too easy to stone.   I don't know how the data set works, but if there was a way to back this off a tad for Nyr on 9 and easier levels, it would salvage something of the experience for lesser players like me.

And I'll add my experience may not be the norm.  I don't know if the Nyr have been as hard on the other larger/older players, esp. those in need of deagers.

But as with each of the former comps, I'm chagrinned a bit and will spend time licking my wounds, hiding out in the A levels and looking for those viperskin gloves ...  until the quests force me to venture out once more.

knucklehead

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:14 pm

Defense against stoning goes like this:

DEF and Res Magic are your biggest assets. Check your status every now and again. (LAB s)

The importance of CON has been noted elsewhere.

Levels and Luck are also very helpful, but you can't do much about those.

I will not be modifying the Nyr. But I may call off the invasion shortly.

Starting over is a drastic course of action. Hitpoints are available and so is deager.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knucklehead Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:56 pm

Thanks.  What you suggest makes sense and matches my experience.  It's the low-level spellers I foolishly cart along who have suffered the most (DEF.)   I never know why Res Magic wears off, and I usually only notice when someone becomes a statue.  I need to be diligent.

Again, mostly my own fault Smile

The post was meant to be a lighthearted reaction to my PTSD, a coping mechanism of sorts.  Not a whine or a complaint.

The game is such a pleasurable wave of nostalgia (even if my wife has started to wonder), I really appreciate all of yours' and Jude's effort to bring this to us.

knucklehead

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:33 pm

I saw you running the other day-- SORC x2, Wizard, HEALER. Ninja, thief. This party is long on spell casters and short of F pressers.

Both sorc and healer/wizard are basically competing for the same types of encounters. Big ones with multiple groups. My suggestions would go like this:

1) Run a balanced party. 2x Ninja makes sense. 2 x Sorc = nonsense.
2) Think about a Seeker (Ogre) as opposed to a wizard.
3) Lead with a high dex char. The wizard makes a poor leader.
4) Update your items. You don't need the best of EVERYTHING you can wear-- but Weapon and Armor-- yes. then try not to go more
that 2 back on anything. I usually skip things like boots and gloves and helmets and just update every other item cycle. Saves CASH. Example-- I wear boots/lev all the way til I can wear boots of agility.

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by knucklehead Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Thanks.  I'm going to reconfigure things a bit along the lines you suggest.  Appreciate the feedback.

knucklehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum