Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stat zones.

4 posters

Go down

Stat zones.  Empty Stat zones.

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:02 am

I am looking for player input.

My current thought pattern runs thusly:

Create a few areas (or modify some existing areas) where stats are the featured items (and thus more common) so players have an area they can focus on (after a comp for example) to build up a supply of stats.

I am thinking of an area off of level 6 for tomes and something like 11 for a mix of books and potions) and something off of 14 for mainly potions.

Thoughts?
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Stat zones.  Empty Re: Stat zones.

Post by miger Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:26 am

I think this would most likely apply chiefly to newer player, especially ones who suffer a comp early in their character's growth. Therefor, the suggested stat-rich locations would seemingly have to be at a shallow enough depth that they can actually reach. 11 and 14 would seem impossible for young characters.

I would ask for clarification of the "off" levels reference. Does this mean a brand new area that would have to be mapped? Or, would it be a section of the existing level?

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:31 pm

OFF would mean the level you have to go to in order to access the new (or repurposed) zone.

So in this vernacular-- the outpost is off of level 4.

SIX maybe too deep for the first zone. I will think on it. The first step is to try and fix STAT drops on the regular levels.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcnail Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:24 am

I think this would be great...while I was away for several months one thing that I was able to think about daily was javatar now that I am back at least when the medical team allows I would like to get back to 15 and one day 16 however for my lack of stats on hand in case of comps or just losing stats while running...a focus area would give me hope that I could replenish lost stats...I have been running this version for at least 7 years sadly due to medical issues, not as much now as I would like but I still have hopes of getting a couple of my OG chars to level 999...sorry for rambling easier for me to lose track of thoughts now...my thoughts are I support this

mcnail

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:53 pm

Unfortunately... this has been put on hold. My ability to remotely access the server has been out for an extended period of time.

I will keep you advised.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:51 pm

Remote server access is restored. I am going to take the following steps:

1) Try and mimic the OG in having undeads dropping stats more often than regular items.
2) IF/when I can get the behavior where I like it to be, add in some more UNDEAD rooms near commonly run areas.
3) Potentially create a "crypt" micro dungeon that scales up in difficulty rapidly. IE the first level of the crypt you will be facing level 4/5/6 type undeads. Descend into the second level of the crypt to face level 8/9/10 undeads and so forth.

Keep those cards and letters coming,

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:23 pm

So my first stab at trying to get undeads to behave correctly is now live on levels 1-4 only.

Grab some small chars and run levels 1-4 and let me know what you think. This has not been tested AT ALL. so let me know-- the rate needs to go up, or down or waaay down. or whatever.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronk Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:57 pm

Okay, so here is my first pass:
Ran lvl 4 with for 3 loops. Found that the Undead appeared to be more common. I did get a few things dropping from the undead encounters, but none of them were stats. I did get 4 stats in the 3 times around the loop, but all the stats came from non-undead encounters.

WH

Kronk

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:05 pm

Thank you.

It isn't like undeads are supposed to be raining stats, but I appreciate the data.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:03 pm

After review-- I am making two changes.

Drop rates on Undeads turned up slightly towards more tomes -- levels 1-4 only (for now)

Maps of level 2 and 3 have a couple undead rooms added.

Map 4 changed much more significantly. No ROCK added or removed. I broke up a couple rooms into smaller rooms, added some undeads and a chute. It isn't there yet, but the chute is going to lead to a new crypt area. stay tuned.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:39 am

it appears that two files did not load correctly on yesterday's changes.

I *THINK* I got them to load now.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down