Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Levitation

3 posters

Go down

Levitation Empty Levitation

Post by ghard Fri May 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Guys,

I would like to propose that lev failure rate needs a tweek imo. I certainly don't want lev to never fail, adds a bit of uncertainly which i like when going over a chute, etc. But perhaps the lev failure rate could be more similar to the raise fail rate than its current rate. We all TP around and use chutes to facilitate that, and the failure rate at current levels is quite an annoyance that I at least believe adds little to no value to the games experience.

My 2 cents.
Glenn

ghard

Back to top Go down

Levitation Empty Re: Levitation

Post by miger Fri May 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Because of the relative high levitation failure rate, a rather unique situation is becoming more common. For example say I am on level 2 with a group and tp to say a spot on level 5 over a chute. It is not unusual for the leader to fall down the chute as lev fails. What is frustrating is that as the leader falls down the chute, the remainder of the group often remains on level 2 where the tp started from. It is not unusual for someone else in the group to fall down the chute even if the tp completes successfully. But it is the first example that really splits up the group so that they can not regroup.

Mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 am

I hear you guys loud and clear. We used to have a setup here where levitation *never* failed.. this was tweaked to incorporate a failure %, but apparently that is set too high. I will cut it back, and report here when I do. I'm also considering allowing 'better' items that grant levitation to enable a proportionally better save--something that I don't think existed in the original game.

The second issue you refer to, namely parties splitting on certain dungeon features, is a bug we have known for a little while. I will take another look at this one when I am adjusting the levitation percentage.

I will reply here when changes are made.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Sat May 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Excellent. I am never in favor of 100% on anything as a rule, and the percent better as item improves is an interesting variant.

Thanks,
Glenn

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:51 pm

I just made a change to levitation. It's not 100%, but it's a bit better than it was. Let's see how this plays out. (This change is not yet live, but it will be the next time I find the server empty..)
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Please visit lev failing again, it is quite a nuisance it happens so often. IMO

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback--I've further adjusted the levitation fail percentage. Look for it on the live server in the next update. (I should be pushing it in the next couple of days.)
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:08 pm

thank you sir!

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:50 pm

You're welcome!  The frequency of levitation failing has been further reduced.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:43 pm

it is noticeable and very much appreciated!

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum