Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nin-JA! (mouthwash ain't makin' it)

4 posters

Go down

nin-JA!  (mouthwash ain't makin' it) Empty nin-JA! (mouthwash ain't makin' it)

Post by musicman Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 pm

According to the help lesson, the ninja class is supposed to land a critical hit in battle on a par with the seeker class. This is not the case in game, in fact they never score a critical hit here in javatar. B,F, or O?

musicman

Back to top Go down

nin-JA!  (mouthwash ain't makin' it) Empty Re: nin-JA! (mouthwash ain't makin' it)

Post by Jude Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Steve, once again, a big thank-you to you.

I just checked the ninja guild data, and they were underpowered on more than one of their special guild abilities. It looks like some of their data may have been partially/inadvertently erased. Look for increases in their critical hit ability, extra damage ability, and overall fighting (att/def) abilities. This data should go live tomorrow morning--I'll follow up here when my modifications are complete.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

nin-JA!  (mouthwash ain't makin' it) Empty Re: nin-JA! (mouthwash ain't makin' it)

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:58 pm

Be advised-- I may have to pull back on some of my new items -- some of these were specifically designed to help the ninja get his groove back -- because it was apparent that he wasn't up to snuff. Along the same line I found the SoW was getting an OUTRAGEOUS amount of damage -- and dialed that back about 3 weeks ago.

So we will see how this new data plays out and changes may be coming to some of my new items
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:35 pm

As I expected--

the addition of extra damage and crit hit bonuses have rendered the ninja completely overpowered at this point. Previously, I had gone thru the data a couple times, bumping up values for weapons and other items tying to achieve some workable balance between Ninja and other fighter types. I am now rolling those values back to their original places-- since the root cause of the ninja's malaise has been found.

Further evaluations might result in subsequent reductions to other items the ninja uses.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Good, the ninja was overpowered. I hope he does not get castrated, but he needed to be dialed back.

I do hope ninja will become a crit hit machine, that is what i think of when i think ninja. It does not have to be that way of course, but just what I recall as the "cool" thing about ninjas.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Well-- today's effort is a first step. I want to try and avoid the giant swings back and forth--

so we'll look at things in a day or so and see what we think.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Wow guys, Hands of slaying, from killing 3 or 4 or more per round to kill 1 and hit for 38 running 11. So 1/4 to 1/3rd what he was, that is one serious dial back.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Pat, do you have an opportunity here to test play your changes before you implement them or are we the guinea pigs/test players? Could possibly save time instead of fine tuning in this manner. Just a thought.
I'm sure you will get it right. In the mean time I will wear my helm of patience.

musicman

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 pm

that should not have happened.  I took 4 damage per swing away.

and yes.. I normally test it out-- but this one was so simple, and straight forward-- I didn't.

Let me see what the heck is going on.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 pm

I have no idea-- what I did or how I did it... Ninja's were set back to the way they were before... and I took some of their damage away from their weapons. And even some of that data didn't match what I thought I was doing --

I am totally confused.

Ninja Crit bonus and extra damage should be back in play.

I returned ninja weapons to either the same or -1 damage from their previous levels.

I will spend some time with the test server tomorrow and get this locked in.

Sorry for the confusion.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:27 pm

UPDATE:

I just tested ninja's out. Everything appears to be back to the previous levels. I will try and figure out with Jude, what I did-- how I did it, so I can avoid doing it again. Sorry for the pain and suffering.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum