Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crashed after displacement

4 posters

Go down

crashed after displacement Empty crashed after displacement

Post by mcnail Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:56 am

think harry dresden just crashed the game was displacing on 6 and the game froze now when i try to log in i get blank screen

thanks

Brad

mcnail

Back to top Go down

crashed after displacement Empty Re: crashed after displacement

Post by Jude Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the report.

Can you email me the location/facing direction of your party, and the displacement coordinates you used?

You can email them to: javataradmin@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

crashed after displacement Empty this mornings crash

Post by mlm Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi.

I was running level 8. Hit a random TP that scattered my party. Seeker landed in a normal room. Ninja landed in a water room and he got 1 swing in, then froze. Sorc landed in darkness, got 1 spell off and then froze as well. By the time I figured out what had happened, the sorc had died. The ninja got backed out, and when he re entered the game, he was able to finish the encounter.

Seeker located the ninja and displaced to his location. Ninja joined the seeker who then located the dead sorc. Everything seemed okay up to this point. However, when the seeker tried to displace to the sorc's location-- the game crashed.

That is all the details that I can recall.

The game is still down as of this time.

Mike M.

mlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking at the server application, and it is indeed hung up as you say. Can you provide some more specific information? Namely:

The pseudonym of the sorcerer in question
The x,y,z location you were displacing to

I'm wondering if there might be a display glitch in the location you were heading to.. We've seen some issues down there in the past, but have not had specific info to fix the root cause.

Also--if you can tell me what encounter you were fighting that *might* be relevant, but location is the most important part right now.

Thanks!

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:19 pm

I assume this activity is why the system is not accessible at the moment.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:26 pm

The game is back online, and all characters have been placed at the city steps.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks for your active intervention!

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by mlm Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:51 pm

I don't know the x,y,z having hit a scatter TP previously.

The chars names and classes are:

rowdy yates = seeker
kato = ninja
::endora:: = sorcerer

I was trying to displace from a glitched encounter into another glitched encounter.

If you need any further details, I will do my best to provide them.

mlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Thanks for the character names. We've extracted the character database from just before the crash, and are running your party's location(s) on the test server at the moment. If we come up with a root cause, we'll let you know.

So I'm guessing that neither glitched encounter plotted? Just an arrow pointing at an empty slot 1 perhaps?
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by mlm Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Nope. Both encounters displayed correctly. I got 1 swing from ninja(kato), 1 spell from sorc(::endora:Smile. Then both froze. The monsters evidently continued to get their swings in, however. It took me probably about 20 seconds to figure out what was going on. Maybe longer. Thought the connection had lagged. The Seeker(rowdy) continued swinging and finished his encounter. So that is when I realized something was wrong with the other too. I backed both out of the game. When I brought the sorc back in, She was already dead, even tho her display showed her alive when I backed her out. The Ninja came back in alive, but down some hits from what his display had shown when I backed him out. Ninja got 1 swing in, froze and I quickly backed him out again. Then back in, and managed to clear it on the next swing. At least that is how I think it went. Didn't realize that those details were so important. From reading past reports of the glitched encounters, I thought this was all documented previously.

The game crashed as soon as I hit enter on the displacement. The coords I was displacing to were still on my screen-- IE I saw nothing update or change-- just dead.

Anything else I can tell you?

MLM

mlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down