Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Javatar "Amnesty" Program

Go down

Javatar "Amnesty" Program Empty Javatar "Amnesty" Program

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:12 pm

I have heard some complaints about the way characters are balanced, and the lack of playability of certain race/class combinations. Quite frankly I can feel your pain. There really isn't much competition between players anymore-- so what the heck, I will offer you AMNESTY.

To address that issue I would have to start fiddling with the knobs and levers and other gizmos of the game, which quite frankly I only have rudimentary knowledge of the various interactions between them. This combined with my general lack of time for extensive play testing an a well developed penchant for just in general shitty-shitty luck, would be an unmitigated disaster.

The other option is to offer ALL players the chance of a "do over."

So here is the deal: If you have a char that has been super disappointing for you-- you know a Morloch Mage or Elf Wizard or Human Paladin or WHATEVER. I will offer you the chance to try and rectify the issue.

1) Keep your race/guild combinations legal. IE no OGRE Mages or Giant Ninjas.

2) I will penalize the char based on how far I am nudging it. If you are changing a giant into an ogre, low to moderate penalty. If you are changing a warrior into a ninja, low penalty. If you are changing a ninja into a warrior, -- that would be a bigger penalty (because building ninja levels is easier than building warrior levels.) There are a lot of issues at play here-- and I will try and be consistent and fair. And I will tell you what sort of penalty is going to be assessed BEFORE I make the change-- and you will have to agree to it.

3) I will factor in EXP parameters. If you are switching low EXP race/guilds to higher exp/race guilds you will be penalized. If you are switching high EXP into lower EXP I will use that difference to mitigate any penalty assessed from #2 (above.)

4) I am open to name changing chars as well. So if you decide you want to change a char and feel the name no longer fits, we can adjust that. I will publish all name changes here, so there can be no 'funny business' involving debts or whatever.

You can make a post under the "Amnesty" post in the Requested features section or send me an email to: javatarjpa@gmail.com

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down