Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heartbeat feature

2 posters

Go down

heartbeat feature Empty heartbeat feature

Post by billy G Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:04 am

I have been noticing alot of dropped connections in the last few days.
It seems like if you leave a window untouched for more than a minute or two, the connection drops.

Is there anyway you could program in a heartbeat type thing?  IE something that forces a replot of the screen every 30 seconds or so?

Billy

billy G

Back to top Go down

heartbeat feature Empty Re: heartbeat feature

Post by miger Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:25 am

I can't offer a solution, but I agree that a continuing irritation has been the disconnect that frequently (not always) occurs when you turn away from using your chars for a relatively short time. For example, returning to the city and taking the time to clean up your thief, or make new guild levels, or distribute found items may be just long enough for the uninvolved chars to drop off and have to be re-signed in. Again, not always, but frequently.

mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Yes. I got frustrated today and quit playing because I had to log back in every few minutes. There has to be something that can be done...

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:34 pm

This issue seems to wax and wane-- today it is really bad.

Passed an item from thief to sorc. sorc flipped the item and put it on. Maybe 30 seconds spent on these tasks, MAX.

In that time-- I lost connections on 1/2 my crew, INCLUDING the thief that had just passed the item 30 seconds earlier.

I prefer the stand alone client-- takes up less desktop space and is a bit more responsive and "crisp" than the web browser version...
BUT--- I feel like I am almost forced to use the browser version because it doesn't drop connections every 90 seconds.

Is there any work being done on the stand alone client???

billy

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down