Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new event

Go down

A new event Empty A new event

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:56 pm

I am tentatively planning a new event for Mid August. Of course real life can always rise up and smack down my plans, but for now I am leaning towards special monsters being released on levels 4 and below. They will be "rewarding" for the players because they will have many, many more hits than other monsters on those levels and because they will be the guardians of some special de-aging items. They will be much more challenging than the run of the mill monsters on that level.

My plan is to make the deager items temporary. IE you will have a short window to use them or you will lose them. I further plan to exchange these deager items for anyone that doesn't need to deage their chars. I haven't ironed out the details, but I will make it as fair as I can.

Check back for updates in early August.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

A new event Empty Re: A new event

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:27 pm

On or about 8/12 the conjunction of our plane and the plane of Nyr will reach its closest proximity. You can expect an invasion from the bloodthirsty denizens of Nyr when the planes come into alignment.

For those who don't know, Nyr is home to highly magical creatures. it is said, "Even the serfs that toil in the fields are skilled casters." And of course, Nyrlions are famous for the voracious appetite and hunting acumen.

Be on the lookout for any Gemstones that the evil Nyrnians may be carrying. These stones are highly magical time crystals and can restore youth when crushed.

Exercise extreme caution during the time of maximum conjunction. These creatures are not to be taken lightly.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:48 pm

Despite the best efforts of our greatest minds,

The Sorceror of Nyr has managed to bridge the gap between our planes and has managed to spread the corruption of Nyr to our dungeon.

So far, this blight has only been detected on level 11 and above.

Best of luck
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:13 pm

As the conjunction of the two planes increases, only the deepest levels of the dungeon remain free from the corruption of Nyr.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:49 pm

As always,

for those not wishing to participate-- the 'a' levels remain normal.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:52 pm

Darkmoor's great sage, Iola of Shinola, in conjunction with the council of guildmasters have worked a powerful incantation to weaken the magic resistance of the creatures of Nyr.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:26 pm

Starting on or about Saturday, 8/5 time crystals and the Book of the Damned will expire upon exiting the game. So use them, trade them, or give them away or you will lose them.

At the same time all items from previous special events (except diamond hearts, participation ribbons, and four leaf clovers) will also expire.
Feel free to sell them to the store, if you want.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:13 am

I had made a series of revisions on the data for this event. Normally, I am very careful about making sure the latest data has been copied to my laptop before I start editing. Several days back, I failed to do this and a previous (much harder) edition of the game data got loaded onto the server by mistake. I apologize for this rookie mistake. Try the event again-- I think you will find it challenging, but not ridiculous.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:51 pm

Item purge code is live now, or rather on the next reload of the software.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:17 pm

This event will be ending in the next 24 hours.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:07 pm

The Nyrians have been repelled and their infernal portal closed.

(all quests have been cleared)
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down