Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIXED: Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal

4 posters

Go down

FIXED:  Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal Empty FIXED: Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal

Post by musicman Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:16 pm

There is a serious bug here. I thought I read a report on this here earlier but was unable to locate the post so I will (redundantly) explain.
I lead my party with the character with the highest dexterity score just in case it makes a difference on surprise rounds. When either teleporting (ring/tp) or displacing (BotEL) to a chute and the levitate fails, the leader is sent below, while the remainder of the party is left where the teleport or displace was cast. So far this has not been the death warrant that it could be. In previous versions when the leader fails levitation over a chute the rest of the party has the option to press 't' and follow the leader down the chute to assist (if needed) defeat the encounter. This assist from the rest of the party could never happen the way it is now and makes me want to stop using chutes entirely as a safety issue.
Could you please fix it so that the rest of the party follows the leader on teleports and displacements and would therefore end up in the proper location to be able to take the chute as well and assist the poor soul stuck fighting Orcus and Vamps or whatever is at the bottom of the chute?

musicman

Back to top Go down

FIXED:  Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal Empty Re: FIXED: Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal

Post by ghard Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:46 am

Please fix if you would.

ghard

Back to top Go down

FIXED:  Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal Empty Re: FIXED: Teleporting or Displacing to a chute could be fatal

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:04 pm

This is an issue that he has worked on before... and it is still wrong. I just don't know where it falls into the list highest priority issues.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:38 pm

This needs to be fixed, yes. At one point I rolled out a fix for this, but it caused more problems than it solved, so I had to roll it back. There are other issues associated with this glitch apart from chutes. Facers and perhaps some types of teleporters are also included in that code.

It is certainly on the list, and I'll look at the code again soon. I'll follow up here when I do. (I may just try a patch of the chute behavior to start..)
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by ghard Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks Jude, yes, please fix this when you can.

ghard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:23 pm

This has been fixed.
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down