Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have been doing some diagnostic work

4 posters

Go down

I have been doing some diagnostic work Empty I have been doing some diagnostic work

Post by billy G Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:04 pm

1) Web site client holds a connection much better than the stand alone version
2) There appears to be two completely separate issues resulting in "freezes" in combat

a) The "LOST" Encounter after 1 round -- the game appears to "lose" the combat state-- the combat displays-- but you can take no combat actions for an extended period of time. During this bug, messages appear normally in your screen, but you cannot move, join or unjoin characters, cast a spell etc. But You can access Lab E or Lab A or Lab s, S and so forth. You can send messages as well. Eventually-- you seem to rejoin the combat routine and can clear the encounter.

b) The frozen Encounter After taking actions, the combat freezes for all chars in your party. You don't get messages-- non of your keys are active-- your terminal is completely frozen. After several minutes of this, I closed the windows and then re signed in-- almost all my chars were dead. So I am guessing the monsters were not frozen after all.

Just trying to keep you informed

Billy

billy G

Back to top Go down

I have been doing some diagnostic work Empty Re: I have been doing some diagnostic work

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:00 pm

Thanks for these reports. details are important. what monsters, how many (if known) what actions did you take before the freeze...
cast spell, press f, press F walk thru etc
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

I have been doing some diagnostic work Empty Re: I have been doing some diagnostic work

Post by Jude Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:21 pm

Quick update--we just patched the server code. Stand alone client connections should be considerably more stable in the long term now. (We have tested for 6+ hours!) Hope this helps with the dropped client connections!

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:11 pm

Thanks for listening to issues discovered within the game and intervening to effect corrective actions.

mike

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down