Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New user notes the following errors:

4 posters

Go down

New user notes the following errors: Empty New user notes the following errors:

Post by ghostwheel Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:17 pm

1) You can combine partially ID'd items with fully ID'd items of the same alignment. IE i have Tome of Endurance (N) [2] and find 2 more ToE (N) that I haven't paid to fully ID yet. I can combine all three to get ToE [4]

2) Fear Box will scare away dead companions.

3) When the above happens, when you return to the city, you get the display for carrying a null companion in whatever slot it was previously in.

4) Going to the morgue, you can pay to raise the NULL companion slot, and it will magically return.

5) Undeads don't seem to give stats very often. Is this intentional?

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

New user notes the following errors: Empty Re: New user notes the following errors:

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:08 pm

Thank you for the report. 1) is the sort of report that removes an abusable exploit from the game and shall be rewarded. I cannot punish people that have known this and exploited it, but I can certainly reward you for doing the right thing. Let me noodle on what sort of reward is appropriate for a new player.

2) This is a known issue -- but one that hasn't been fixed yet.
3) third verse, same as the second.
4) Uhmm-- I *think* this has been reported before. But thanks for the report. For now, feel free to continue to exploit this bug if you wish.

5) Not intentional. Remember this is a simulation of a game. Somethings the original did quite easily is quite difficult here. We don't have access to their data, their editors, etc. I have attempted to duplicate this function with our current design-- but it hasn't really worked at all. Sorry.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

New user notes the following errors: Empty Re: New user notes the following errors:

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:09 pm

Assuming you are interested in running multiple chars:

I will *improve* two new chars for you. Create them, and do nothing else with them. Place their names here and I will add +2 CON/CHA and +3 each other stat to them before you start running. AFTER you reach level 30 NOMAD, I will take 3 years age off each and improve their perm hitpoints by 10 each.

Thanks again for the report and your honesty.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:16 pm

There is no need for that, I wasn't reporting it hoping to get a reward.

But if you INSIST, I will post names when I get ready to run more chars.

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:56 pm

Not certain why #1 issue was reported as an error, unless the reporter wants this version to conform to another version. If so, I don't see that as "honesty". I thought #1 issue was a nice feature of this version. Sorry to see it reported as an error.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:03 pm

I have played almost every version of the game except the very first game.

You have to fully ID items in order to combine them. I assumed this was a bug and not a feature. Sorry if I ruined your day, but I tend to report things like this when the game is "under development."

DM--

My next two chars are Uberman and (Umbra) if the offer for the reward stands, I accept.

Thank you

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:59 pm

If you get #5 figured out, Stoners should give CON infrequently, to make fighting them worthwhile.

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:29 pm

Mike, it isn't a feature. It's a bug. It will be fixed when Jude can get around to it.

Ghost,

I will go do the rewards now.

Yes, I know that stoners should give con once in a while. It is just hard to implement that way with the current set up.

Thanks for making reports.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:15 pm

I note that you can no longer combine un ID'd items.  Good work.

It would be nice if the store actually told you that.  "sorry, bub.  you have to ID that first."

Also, I think I crashed the game when I tried to Combine into a un ID'd slot.  Everything froze, on all the characters I had in the game.
When I tried to reconnect, I got a blank page.  Then 5 minutes later I was able to connect and log in.

On the same topic.  It would also be nice if the store told you what slot you are trying to combine into other than a slot number.  I was
trying to combine tomes and it wasn't working because I had mistyped the item number for the target.  But if I typed in "15" and the game responded with "Combining Potion of Neutralization [17] Combine with which Item slot or hit DATA to decombine"  I would immediately recognize my mistake.

Is it possible to have the client/portal software put a message on the screen when the connection dies? IE just goes dead?

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:09 pm

Normally a system crash requires human intervention (IE Jude or myself) to go in and manually restart the application.

At one point Jude was thinking about adding some sort of monitor to force a reboot, but I don't think he ever did so. It is unlikely, but possible that Jude just happened to find the server hung up and rebooted it. It is possible that something forced the computer into an infinite loop type thing, that caused everything to freeze for about 5 minutes. I am spitballing here. I will see what Jude has to say.

So you found an item -- say "potion" and instead of ID'ing it, you just tried to combine it or decombine it or what exactly did you do?????

The details are very important, so be specific and precise, please.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwheel Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:05 pm

I was play testing the work... trying all combinations.

It appears that you cannot combine INTO an unID'd item, however-- you can uncombine charges from something not ID'd. What you decombine is still not ID'd (tho you see what it was in the message).

Which brings up another thing I notice. If I sell Elven Potion [2] i get 77K. If I decombine them into singles-- I get 144K. I am pretty sure this isn't intended to be that way.

ghostwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:22 pm

Hey there.. I just pushed some fixes to the server:

1. There should be appropriate messages for any/all failed combine/decombine attempts now.

2. I cleaned up some fringe cases (such as the ability to *de*combine unidentified items).

3. There should be less likelihood of a hung session happening due to bad/unexpected data entered into the store combine/decombine page.

Thanks for the info on singles vs. double charged items pricing. That is certainly not intended--we will look into this further.

I should also mention that internet connectivity to the server has not been very good this past week. It may be weather related--we have had some flooding in the area, as well as some extreme heat.. but hopefully things will settle down soon.

Thanks!

-Jude
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:42 pm

I just investigated this fairly thoroughly. The store pays less when an item lacks sufficient charges. IE if you try to sell a scroll that normally has 7 charges to the store with only 6 charges, you don't get full price. Don't know what you saw or what you thought you saw, but this one appears to be correctly implemented.

Keep those reports coming in, tho.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down