Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change to item "Talisman of Shadows"

4 posters

Go down

Change to item "Talisman of Shadows" Empty Change to item "Talisman of Shadows"

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:26 pm

I made a mistake with the item "Talisman of Shadows." As it was originally implemented, it was supposed to be a less powerful item, with a use level around 130. Then at some point (about a year ago) I went back into the data and modified the item, placing it down on 15. I neglected to change the use level, or remove it from the table where it was residing off of level 6.

What I should have done is create a whole new item for level 15, but now there are many of these items out there. So what I will do is create a new item for the upper levels, and make the use level for the talisman more in line with it's abilities. For those players that have Talisman of Shadows in use for mid or lower level chars, you can post a response here, telling me which char your item resides on, and I will swap out your Talisman for the new item that you will be able to use.

Sorry for this mistake and the confusion it causes. I really don't know what I was thinking when I made the changes about a year ago, but whatever it was, I shouldn't have been thinking it!

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Change to item "Talisman of Shadows" Empty Re: Change to item "Talisman of Shadows"

Post by miger Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:52 pm

My chars take & wolf both are currently using a Talisman of Shadows.

miger

Back to top Go down

Change to item "Talisman of Shadows" Empty Re: Change to item "Talisman of Shadows"

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Yes. It looks like they are big enough to wear them despite the increase in use level.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by redbird97 Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 am

Jeff Beck has one. He is as of this note lvl 571.

redbird97

http://www.hughwilliamsauthor.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:31 am

All I did to the Talisman of Shadows, was increase its use level to something more appropriate for its powers, and remove it from being findable higher up in the dungeon. IF your character has one, and can no longer wear it because the use level is too high, respond here if you want to trade it in for a replacement (less powerful, but lower use level) item.

IF your char is big enough, don't write about it. Nothing for you has changed.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docriley Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 am

Opps - I never saw this post. I have one on MeiSharona and one on Stilettos.

Docriley

docriley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down