Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Paddy's Day 2018

Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty St. Paddy's Day 2018

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 pm

In keeping with the festive spirit of the upcoming holiday, we will be wearing the green (so to speak) beginning later this week.

Like previous incarnations of holiday events, this one will feature a  few special items that will be used to total up points to determine who will be the winner of fabulous prizes.  These items will be holiday themed, stackable and serve no apparent purpose in the game.  Keep them.  I ask only that you don't give them away should it become apparent that you aren't going to win.  By that I mean, if player A has a commanding lead over player B, I am asking that player B not give all his holiday gear to player C, so that he can possibly win.  Fair play by all, for all, please.  At the end of the game, winners will be announced and the true properties of the Holiday items will be revealed. You will have a month or so to use/dispose of your holiday gear after the contest ends.

Unlike previous games, there will be an item that will not go away at then end of the holiday contest/game.  Four Leaf Clover is going to remain and will have a very special effect.  It will only be findable from Holiday Monsters, so when the contest is over, whatever supplies you have found will be all there is, until next year. This is not something to be missed-- so get out there and find some Leprechuans.

JPA

Last edited by dungeonmaster on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty a word of caution concerning the denizens of the Emerald Isle:

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Leprechauns are not to be taken lightly.

Where they appear in the upper reaches of the dungeon, they will be PEACED.  This is done for the protection of those that may not be prepared to meet them.  Small in stature, they are speedy, highly magical creatures more than capable of defending themselves and their treasure.  As you descend deeper into the dungeon, this protection gradually fades and the relative STRENGTH of the little buggers increases.  A Leprechaun on 14 is nothing at all like his little brother you might find poking about on 5 and may well decide to attack you on sight!

There are also rumors that the Leprechaun's evil cousin -- Far Darrig might be poking about in the deepest levels.  Ancient legend says the Far Darrig is the ill gotten offspring of Leprechauns and Faeries.  Only the strongest parties with the nerves of steel should risk becoming entangled with them.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty Re: St. Paddy's Day 2018

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm

This content is now live. Have Fun.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty St. Paddy's Day 2018 --some basic guidance.

Post by dungeonmaster Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Holiday content is restricted to the "base" dungeon.  So add on places (like the Snake Temple or the Outpost) are free from the themed content.  This extends to the "a" levels as well.  10a, 11a,12a etc-- will not hold Leprechauns or their ilk.

Additionally-- I restricted the mobs from "Special" rooms, including stud and super stud rooms.  So water, slime, dragon etc rooms will not play host to themed content.  I hope you enjoy this little game.  I have included a new base thread in the OTHER section of the forum where you can leave your feedback.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty Prizes

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Here is what you are competing for:

Grand Prize:
The weapon of your choice (excluding only Eliminator) Plus
First Prize:
A decomp Kit (3 participation ribbons, 2 PoF, GB, DB) Plus
Second Prize:
500M gold + 2 PoF.

So if you win Grand Prize you win all three.
First Prize you win both First and Second prizes.

As in years past, a small honorable mention prize may be awarded if someone comes in a close fourth place.

Scoring will run like this:

Pot o' Gold 1 point
Large Pot o' Gold 3 points
Four Leaf Clover 10 points.

You must fully ID all items to be scored.

The DM will help guide the winner about weapons choice if requested.

Good luck to all.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 pm

The game will end on Sunday 3/18.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty WINNERS!

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

In a Javatar first-- we have a virtual tie for winner-- so close that I have decided to award the Grand Prize to both:

Bagger-- 228 points
rowdy -- 225 points   will each get the GRAND PRIZE.

First Place goes to Stilletos
Second Place goes Jessie James
Honorable Mention goes to Poof  (wins 1 PoF)

Congratulations to all!

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

St. Paddy's Day 2018 Empty I ran a cleanup

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 pm

At the end of the St Paddy's day madness,

I ran a cleanup.  All chars returned to city steps and their Items have been unused.

Proceed with caution!

Winners check your unbanked gold.
You will find your new items grouped together closest to the front I could manage. I selected (n) as the flavor of all the aligned stuff. If you want something different let me know.

Bagger and rowdy yates -- we need to talk to get you the weapon of your choice.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down