Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a new and improved level 15 Uber system

2 posters

Go down

a new and improved level 15 Uber system Empty a new and improved level 15 Uber system

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 pm

My current system has led to a lot of unintended consequences (see the post on randomness) and the structure must be modified to fix the problems. I arrived at the current system, after a series of design and programming choices led me to abandon my original choice and come up with something more aligned to what I 'thought' was what the coding needed to function perfectly. The problem was my thinking, and my lack of understanding of how the code actually was working.

"Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of humor."

The original plan is going into place as we speak. I need some time for testing, but at this point all indications are positive. Expect a MAJOR change to the uber areas shortly. I hope to pull this whole thing off with a minimum of disruption to level 15. I will keep you advised.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

a new and improved level 15 Uber system Empty Re: a new and improved level 15 Uber system

Post by Jude Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi all--a bit of an update on this. The DM's new and improved level 15 Uber system requires a few fixes and some minor upgrades to the game engine code. (These were requested weeks ago, and I've been slow to make progress--sorry!) I'm pleased to report that I've just completed a significant chunk of what needed to be done, and will be finishing off the rest in the coming days. I take full credit for the delay in the implementation of the new Uber stuff... but the wheels are definitely turning!
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

a new and improved level 15 Uber system Empty Re: a new and improved level 15 Uber system

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:08 am

Just to let ya know... I am still working on this. Have had a bit of trouble and am very busy with RL. Still making progress.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

a new and improved level 15 Uber system Empty egg on my face

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 am

Back in about October 2017, I made changes to the map on level 15 and a total reworking of the uber area.  I THOUGHT I posted the changes here, but apparently did not, or did not save the posting.  Either way, I apologize to the players for not properly documenting what I was doing.  

The new uber maps are live and have been for many months.  The changes to level 15 involve reducing the number of entrances to the uber area.  No rock was added.  No walls or doors modified.  In addition, an optional transporter was added to take players to the proposed level 999 quest area... but that area is not live, nor is the 999 quest requirement.  
Coding changes are required, and at the moment fairly low priority.  I will announce when these are in place.  (no, really-- I will.)

Sorry for any confusion I may have created,

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down