Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween 20

Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Halloween 20

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 pm

No we aren't talking about the movie....

Coming soon to a dungeon near YOU -- Halloween!!!

Look for themed monsters/items starting about 9/21/20 or so (depending on my time.)

Be advised, these monsters are no push overs.  If you want to get their treats, you will have to pull some cool tricks to earn them.

We will have a contest this year.  So the goodies will all add points, highest point totals will earn:

Grand Prize: Choice of ANY ITEM (with a few exceptions) + 300M gold+ Diamond Heart.  The very top end gear will be excluded -- except the regular top guild weapons -- you can have those.  If you ask for something I don't want to give you like say Holy Bracers-- I will just tell you to pick something else.

First Prize: 100M gold, 1 Diamond Heart, choice of: A: 3 PoF/3 PoP/ or B: a use level 150 or less Ring (Opening, Power, Phantasms, TP, Fire, Frost, dweomer)

Second Prize: 50M gold, choice of rings above, and choice of GB or DB

Honorable mention: 1 Each Stat Potion, 1 Flask/Fort, 15M gold.

Points and other details will be posted when I figure it all out!    Laughing

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Halloween 20 update:

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:23 am

There will be a pre game, pre contest, contest. Starting tomorrow about noon, I will open the link to the Halloween area. You will not be able to run there yet, BUT the first person to find the correct location and post it on this forum in the other section will be the winner of a fabulous prize.

Here are the guidelines:

The dungeon is huge.... so I will narrow it down with a poem...

I am hidden in the depths, but not too deep
I am on a level less than 7
but beware, I lead to monsters more like 11
and as always ye shall sow, just what ye reap.

Concerned with death? --ye should be,
I lead to an area with new monsters aplenty.
Got some graph paper? ye made need sheets a twenty.
If ye think in logical terms, my location, obvious -- ye see.

Do you need a seeker or wizard?
Whilst it might be considered wise
The route can be easily walked as it lies
But the best powers thereof won't work in my gizzard.

Ground up ye shall be, bound up ye shall fall frail
Drained and paralyzed ye shall quail
but fear not, the city guards will not fail
to reach and restore thee to life, should ye pay their bail.

dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Re: Halloween 20

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:40 am

Alright, still waiting on Jude to make a few adjustments, but meanwhile here are the gory details:

Trick or Treaters will appear on levels 13 and above.  They will have a pretty reasonable chance of having a box which will quite often have some candy in it.  

Candy  0 points -- use it however you will.
M&Ms 1/4 point-- use power will be assigned AFTER the contest is over.  Use it, or sell it your choice.
Peanut M&Ms 1/2 point see above
Snickers 1 point -- same as M&Ms
Reese's 2 point -- same as M&Ms
Golden Ticket -- 15points.  Will have special power after contest.
Themed Durable Items -- 5 points for the lower end stuff ranging up to 10 points for the better gear
"Jack's" Special Item -- 50 points.

When the contest ends (most likely Nov1) try and get all your "points" onto one char.  After it is over-- I will assign  functions to all the candies, except 'Candy'  and you will have some time to burn them all up, or sell them for cash, or whatever you want.

I will try to keep a balance between the various levels, but in general-- the rewards for running deeper are much higher because the risks are higher.  

You will not find themed monsters (except trick or treaters and their ilk) on regular levels above 14.  14 and below-- there are rumors that certain of Jack's creatures may be running loose.  The entrance to the Halloween area is still closed at this time.  I will post when it is open.  The regular dungeon will begin hosting themed monsters at 3PM EST.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Trick or Treaters (and their associated bigger siblings) are loose on levels 2-13. They won't be visiting levels 1,14, or 15 this year. Be ADVISED! The basic trick or treater has had quite a growth spurt from what was running 2 years ago. They are about level 9 monster ish. I kept them rare on level 2-- so any real pud chars still have a chance.

Put feedback in the forum's other section please.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Adjustments and points update:

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:26 am

I made a few adjustments to the holiday monsters to try and keep down the occurrence of double drops. In general, you will find less stats and probably a few more itemless boxes.

points leaders are: Bagger and the B boys followed by Billy G. (pretty tight race as of yesterday at 5 O'clock)

dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty update:

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Halloween items are no longer being deleted by the game on entry.

All wizard and seeker spells will work in the Halloween Funhouse, at least for now.

City guards rescue has been activated for the funhouse. For right now, it is free. Expect that to end shortly.

The funhouse is still closed-- I anticipate getting it open before October 1.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Halloween is now on. The Funhouse is open.

Fair Warning:

Real Life issues have spiraled out of control at my house/job. I have spent very little time playtesting any of this. If it all goes horribly wrong-- I will fix it as I can.

I am still waiting on time to manually replace all the lost items. Bear with me.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty fixes

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:14 am

Still waiting on golden ticket to be removed from the auto delete list.

Candy is now stackable to 255 charges.

Magic Beans no longer cast a spell.

** Thanks to Billy for making the reports**

I am still trying to find some time to replace all the items deleted earlier... hopefully soon.

Points update:

Billy G, Followed by the B boys, and then the rest of the pack.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Halloween 20

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:03 pm

I was having some problems with the holiday items creating conflicts with each other-- so I made some changes. Most importantly-- the conflict between four leaf clover and the higher use level halloween items has been resolved.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Halloween 20 items

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:49 pm

I have replaced the items that had been auto deleted.

check your chars, they aren't banled.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween 20 Empty Iced out

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:38 pm

We suffered a huge ice storm in OKC with upwards of 350K homes and businesses losing power last week. I have been without power from Monday morning until last night very late.

All is well and I hope to get back on line this evening. I intend to end Halloween 20 ASAP and declare a winner.

Thanks to all who participated

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Wow.

I had no idea that you guys would take this contest and run with it the way you obviously did.  You found an incredible amount of themed items.

Bagger and Company found 31 Golden Tickets Prior to them no longer being purged and 83 after.
Evil found 11 before and 3 after
take found 5 before
Goodness has 5 (after)  {whose char is this? -- I am working under the assumption it belongs to take}

Jack's Cloak -- Evil 1  Amazon.com 1 and Blizzard 1.

The same trend seems to run thru every item I scan.  

I am pretty much shocked at how you guys took this thing and ran with it!

The winner by a landslide of points is Bagger and company.  (it really wasn't even close.)    You will win the Grand prize + 2 additional item of your choice.

Second place is close enough to call it a tie; take & Evil -- You will win the Grand Prize+ 1 additional item.

EVERY other player (not every other character) will get honorable mention prize above.

Enjoy another couple days with the holiday items you found, then I will be purging them.  You cannot ask for holiday gear with the above winnings, BTW.  I will be assigning some functions to the candy treats -- use them or splash them.  I am still discussing with Jude about the Golden Tickets.

Congratulations to all, and thanks for playing.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 am

winners:

Send me an email to javatarjpa@gmail.com so we can discuss prizes. This includes everyone with any Halloween gear at all. In the interest of fairness, I intend to pro rate out the honorable mentions, meaning if you only have a few items, you will get the baseline prize listed above. If you have more gear, you will get more.

JPA

dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Event gear is now unusable.

Spell functions assigned to the various candies and magic beans.

sell off your gear and use those other goodies up (including Candy) as i will eventually purge it all.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down