Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HALLOWEEN 20

3 posters

Go down

HALLOWEEN 20 Empty HALLOWEEN 20

Post by miger Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Strange the few Halloween items I found yesterday have disappeared: Reese, candy, M&M. What's up?

take/miger

miger

Back to top Go down

HALLOWEEN 20 Empty Re: HALLOWEEN 20

Post by dungeonmaster Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 pm

they are still on the purge list. don't' worry about it...i can go in and manually put the items back-- they are all logged-- once jude takes them out of the purge list.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 am

I continue to get emails on this issue.  Folks, listen up.

The main Halloween area is still closed.  This is just a preview, if you will.  The items don't make any sense right now, because they are just ways for you to earn some points.  This is complicated by the fact that they are still considered "illegal" items by the game-- until such a time that Jude gets them pulled off the Holiday
Item Purge list.  He is a busy man, with a busy RL schedule-- but he will get there.  Everyone just Relax!

When the contest is OVER (on or about NOV 2) I will remove all the monsters from the dungeon, tally up points, and declare a winner.  At that time, I will assign functionality to the burnable items (mainly various named Candies) and you will have 3 to 6 weeks to use/trade/sell them.  The fact that they are showing up with zero charges is irrelevant at this point.  The fact that some items are CURSED is pretty much irrelevant at this point. Every item you find is logged.  I will go look at the logs, then edit your char and put the items that got purged back on it.  You will need to check your first available items slots when you see the post about halloween going live to bank those items if you so desire.  Other than that, it will be pretty much painless for y'all.

Now I don't mind answering emails-- but one person sent me 4 today, all about this issue-- that is a bit much.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by billy G Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm

sorry. I was just adding on to my reporting-- trying to be complete.

billy G

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 am

In general,

The forum is the best place to make reports, that way if you want to edit the post, or add an addendum -- you can do so. Everytime an email comes in, my phone gives me an alarm, except during my sleeping times. This is so I can stay on top of the game, now that I am not looking in on it daily. When you send 4 in 12 hours, all updating me on the same issue -- well, it gets a bit annoying. I want you to feel free to email me for things that are:

Really important,
Contain sensitive information you don't want to share in the forum,
Something requiring fast attention (like the server is down)
or Replying to an email I responded to you with.

Most other things would be best handled via the forum.

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:40 pm

You have restored Halloween items that were being deleted. This restoration does not seemed to have happened on char "talent" where I initially sent items. Is this an oversight?

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 pm

No, I have not restored the deleted items yet. What has happened is that the game is no longer auto deleting halloween items when you enter the game. I will get to the restoration when I can... RL has me extremely busy at the moment.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:22 pm

dungeonmaster wrote:  What has happened is that the game is no longer auto deleting halloween items when you enter the game.  I will get to the restoration when I can...

Maybe I missed this, but I have found two Golden Tickets now but in contrast to your quote above, both seems to have disappeared when coming back into the game. Is that what we should expect on GT?

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Yes. the golden ticket was originally a christmas item. when i had jude remove the halloween items from the purge list, i forgot to ask for the golden tickets to be added. totally my fault. i can go thru the drop lists one day at a time and award the golden tickets after the contest is over or when they get removed from the purge list, whichever comes first.
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:12 am

The Halloween adventure has added some new life and variety to the game. Understanding the time necessary to learn the new requirements, items, and monsters introduced with the scary scenes plus the big task of learning the new levels, paths, traps, escapes, remedies all indicate that maybe simply ending this adventure just after Halloween is not enough time for some of us to truly gain the necessary skills to actually enjoy the new part of the game to its fullest.

A big thanks to Mike and his B boys for sharing his mapping skills so puds like me could actually explore multiple levels. Without the maps, I would still be lost on FH level 1.

Is there any chance that the special event does not have to end with such a short life? I suggest and request that you consider a reasonable extension. Heck, even populate the FH with Christmas monsters and continue letting us play a while longer. Just saying.........

miger

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down