Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

level 8 super stud and giant room

3 posters

Go down

level 8 super stud and giant room  Empty level 8 super stud and giant room

Post by Delusion Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:58 pm

I entered this room and cleared one encounter with all six of my characters. Then I was looking for another encounter in the area around 25,29,8. I turned around and the screen frozen, on the screen was just skull and crossbones and a chest with not trapped on it. I logged all characters out and closed the portal. When I logged back in my healer was sitting in a dark room with 2 humans (which I cleared this encounter) and the rest of my crew was dead. I have seen this room do this before but I definitely notice a pattern with this room here. I tried to provide all details that I can remember if there is something more important to help diagnose any kind of issue, let me know, like it has been said before small details are sometimes most important.

Thanks,
Destin

Delusion

Back to top Go down

level 8 super stud and giant room  Empty Re: level 8 super stud and giant room

Post by Delusion Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:00 pm

let me add, when I say I turned around, I meant moved a couple of squares with my entire crew and I think when the game tried to produce another encounter this is what happened

Delusion

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Sun May 01, 2016 5:43 pm

This bug has reared it's ugly head too many times now. I have asked Jude to elevate this to top priority. We are unsure as to this one's exact nature. I have combed thru the data many times, because this seems to be a data entry problem-- but there isn't an error there. Jude is investigating other avenues-- hopefully he will have something for you soon.

In the mean time-- If this error causes you a comp-- leave your char's where the error occurs. Do not fix the comp, do not return to the city. I will make each and every char whole (and probably a little bit better for the inconvenience) but I don't want to start getting folks telling me this error is to blame for their bad luck when they are in the city (IE where I have no idea what caused their comp.)
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Delusion Mon May 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Understand completely, thanks for looking into this.

Delusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jude Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 pm

JP came up with a good diagnosis for this problem and I have implemented a patch based on his analysis.  

We  think, on rare occasion, a certain set of conditions was causing the game engine to search for nonexistent special room tables (I.e. giant tables, dragon tables, etc).  The new code should prevent this from happening.  Thanks for the details--I hope this one is behind us...
Jude
Jude

Back to top Go down

Post by Delusion Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

I have been running that room a lot and no problems since the update, looks great. Thank you for your time and effort!

Destin

Delusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down