Javatar.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeze on 2 Repeats

2 posters

Go down

Freeze on 2 Repeats Empty Freeze on 2 Repeats

Post by miger Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Two separate times when moving a group from 30,6,2 through the door to 1,6,2 the screens froze up on all characters.

No fight was actually displayed. The number of how many in the group was distinctly different (1,2,3, etc) on each char. I could get no keyboard response from any char. I could sign back on but had to boot off the existing char if I had not already X them out of the game. This path worked correctly multiple times, but has now had this failure twice today.

miger

Last edited by miger on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

miger

Back to top Go down

Freeze on 2 Repeats Empty Re: Freeze on 2 Repeats

Post by dungeonmaster Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 am

Mike--

Thanks for the report. Did the glitched encounter/display occur fairly quickly after the original? IE was it the same encounter, or was there time for the dungeon to repop? I don't have my maps with me here, is either of those a water encounter?

JPA
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 am

The glitched char displays occurs immediately upon entering the water room at 1,6,2. Several successful room entries occur prior to and following each of the two glitched occurrences. The level was always re-plotted when I made a new trip.

I never got to see what the glitched encounters actually were since the glitch happens before the normal display appears and the mons are dead and gone by the time I re-sign in (probably killed by my companions).

This glitch effect on level 2 seems very similar to one that had previously been described in the past as occasionally occurring upon entering the large area at 26,24,8.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by miger Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:43 pm

The freeze bug that occasionally happens when moving a group from 30,6,2 through the door to 1,6,2 a water area is still active. It caught me two times in the past few days. The latest at 9:30PM central time today. Conditions were as described above from last year.

The group numbers vary with each of the 5 chars (1-5). The freeze is immediate in entering the room. The mons showing are 1. Mirfin, 2. blank, 3. Aquamancer, 4. Giant Serpent. All chars were non-responsive and Xing out would have been the only way to remove them from the game. This time I just left them sitting in the water room and did not re-enter the game so you can possibly look at them for a solution.

miger

Back to top Go down

Post by dungeonmaster Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 am

Thanks for the report... that is exactly the kind of detail I need to fix stuff.

I think I finally found the error-- so hopefully this bug has been laid to rest at long long last.

Great Job!
dungeonmaster
dungeonmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down